Chapter 52: I missed you, brother.

((Picture is of Don Servino back in his heydays))

((((A/N: pick the title for this one! Dedication goes to the best one!))))

Don Servino's POV

The long walk to their resting place seemed to be getting longer and harder to get to with every passing year. These legs aren't as strong as they used to be.

I spied the old pine trees lining the walkway up ahead. That must mean I'm near.

"Gio," I heard my butler come closer, "Have the boys bring more flowers tonight. I fear what I have now is not enough." I looked down to Gio's hands where two small bouquets of flowers were.

He nodded in agreement and proceeded to follow my instructions.

We finally passed the old pine trees and a clear view of the green hills surrounded my vision.

The best place for my wife and brother to spend the rest of their eternities in.

I looked out beyond the first small hill to where both tombstones are supposed to be.

It looks like they already have a visitor.

"Gio, can you see who that is from this far?"

"No, Don."

I laughed, "You're getting old like me too, old friend."

We trudged along, through the kept grass. "Remind me next time to bring a golf cart." I gasped, out of breath.

Nearing the spot, I could finally tell who was standing over my youngest brother's grave.

"What a surprise," I said. I signaled Gio to set the flowers down on both graves a few feet away from each other. "How long has it been since you visited little Julian?"

"Too long."

I grunted my agreement. "He always liked me best, anyway."

He laughed out loud, a sound I had not heard in many years, "You always were delusional."

I smiled, "I missed you, brother."

He moved back, away from the tombstones, his long dark frame a stark contrast from this bright day, "It's a good thing you're here. I meant to give you a call."

"If it's to do with business matters, then it can wait."

"No it can not."

"Have some respect, brother," I pointed at the graves, "We've come in peace."

"I'll wait for you at the entrance," was his harsh reply.

We watched his retreating figure, "He never did get over it, did he?" Gio commented.

"No," I replied, "He still blames himself," I looked back at Gio, "But a bigger part of him blames the Henricksons. As do I."

We stayed quiet for a few more minutes, enjoying the stillness and peace.

I sighed out loud, signaling the end, "Let's go back. We don't want to push my brother's patience limit."

"Very good, sir. Also," Gio continued, "I took the liberty of calling for a ride back. It shouldn't be long now."

"Gio, you always knew me so well," I commended. True to his words, a golf cart came bounding out towards us.

~~