Chapter 38: All I could do was stare in wonder and horror...

Victor's guy, Mikey, continued walking forward, confident that I wouldn't shoot him.

The fool. 

I kept my eyes on Victor and my brothers but my attention was on poor Mikey only five feet away now. 

3 feet... This is do or die.

Just as he ambled closer, with difficutly I brought my right hand forward and grabbed a fistful of his hair. It's a good thing he's about my height. I pulled as hard as my wounded arm would allow which luckily was enough to bring him to his knees. Surprise was etched on his face, he definitely wasn't expecting that!

"Argh! You-!" 

I tapped the end of my gun against his head and he quickly fell silent.

"Let them go and Mikey here lives," I threatened. 

"You don't get to decide." 

"Fine then," I roughly pulled on Mikey's hair, elliciting a mad growl, "Let's have a one on one fight. Victor. Just you and I. Loser dies." I tried keeping my cool, but it's proving to be difficult in this situation.

"I'm not falling for that. I know what you are."

"What I am? You make it sound like I'm a thing." Seriously, though, that's offensive. I glanced at Alex The Assassin and saw he also had a mildly offended look on his face upon hearing my words.

"Let Mikey go and I'll let you fight him," he jerked his thumb towards Alex, "Like you said: 'Loser dies'." 

This is a tough decision. Alex is a skilled assassin as am I. Victor knew what he was doing when he called Alex. 

"I'll let Mikey go, you let my brothers go. Then, Alex and I fight," I waited as Victor calculated the situation. By the time he makes a decision it will be dark out.

I'm surprised there haven't been any cars on the road... at all.

"Alright. I'll let your brothers go," he finally responded with a smile, "But on one cond-"

Are you kidding me. "CAN WE JUST GET ON WITH IT?!" I yelled. This is so frustrating. 

If we were in a cartoon there would be flames coming out of Victor's nose and ears right now. He took a step back, keeping the two guns on the back of my brothers' heads. He nodded once and two henchmen stepped forward and pushed my brothers roughly, making them faceplant on the dirt floor.

Well if he's gonna be like that... 

I followed suit, pushing poor Mikey forward and successfully making his faceplant hard on the floor. He wailed in pain as he stood back up, clutching his nose. I looked up and noticed my brothers running to me.... instead of the car. 

Why was I cursed with stupid brothers.

"Why didn't you get in the car you dumbasses?! You had a clear getaway!" I bellowed as they neared. 

"We're not leaving you alone, sis," Alex responded. They both reached me and stayed behind me, as if guarding my back. Of what, I don't  know. 

"What good are you both with me?! You' guys are in so much trouble when we get out of here."

"So there's a chance we'll live then?" John asked hopefully.

"Dude. Yeah. You should see Anne, she's so cool! Like Beatrix Kiddo on speed," Alex explained. Skeptical Johnny wasn't swayed one bit.

"Alright, I need you guys to lay low. If you see me get hurt, don't run to me. If you see me get killed, don't run to-"

"Wait..what?! For real?" John said.