Chapter 42: They've become traitors.

"Go get the door. I'll call your father," my mom said. 

I grabbed her arm before she could leave, "Don't. I trust him."

"Who is he, anyway?" she searched my eyes for answer. 

"My boyfriend?" I quietly said.

She inhaled sharply as my wwords sunk in, "Wait...is he- Is he the same assassin that came from Europe?"

What? "How did you know?" 

"Annie, this is dangerous," she whispered, "Are you sure about this?"

"Mom, it's not like I'm getting married. We haven't even gone on a date."

"Alright, alright." she wiped her forehead in frsutration, "I need to meet him," she fixed her blouse and ran her hand through her hair before sauntering off to get the door. 

"Wait! Mom! No!" I frantically whispered, but she was already long gone. Oh God.

"Hello, how can I help you?" I heard her say after opening the door.

"Good morning, Mrs. Henrickson," Chase's voice resounded through the halls. I was debating if I should go out there or not. "I heard Annelise got injured. Is she ok?" He's really polite.

"She's recovering well, thank you," she responded, "And may I ask, who are you?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Chase. Chase Armitage."

"Nice to meet you, Chase. I'll go check on Annie and see if she's up for visitors. Please, make yourself at home."

"Thank you, Mrs. Henrickson."

"No, no, call me Janet," she laughed. What is she doing?

"Oh, uh, ok," his voice cracked a bit at the end. It just made me die a little form embarassment.

I heard my mom's footsteps coming closer to my little hiding place. I walked back to my room silently, making sure she followed me inside. 

"What was that?" I exclaimed after I shut the door.

"He's cute, Annie!"

"Mom! You're not supposed to say those things!"

"Why not? It's not like he's my boyfriend-"

"Exactly, he's not your boyfriend."

"Oh relax, honey," she waved her hand in the air, dismissing my hissy fit, "Anyway, are you going to go out there and say 'hi'?"

"You sound like you're ok with this..." I squinted my eyes at her suspiciously. I mean, really, she knows he's an assassin... why isn't she on guard?

She smiled down at me, "I trust your judgement. If you're ok with this, then I'm ok with this." 

Since when did I have such a cool mom? "Cool." I responded.

I walked towards the living room and stopped a few feet away from his position.

"Annelise." his tone was guarded and held no emotion. That's odd... he must know something.

"Chase." 

"Are you going to school today?" 

I blinked in surprise, "School?"

"Yeah, you know you've missed a couple days now. I'll let you copy my notes, though. I'm sure you'll be able to catch up," he smiled.

"Huh?" I'm so confused right now... 

"Unless you're still not feeling well?" he inquired.

"No... no, I'm feeling fine. Just... give me a sec." I tried a smile and left to my room. 

Is he really this dense? What kind of assassin is he?

"Sure, take your time!" I heard him yell after me, "You still have 45 minutes 'til class starts!"

______________________________________

Chase's POV

Once Annelise left her living room, I quickly checked the surrounding area near the living room to make sure there weren't any eavesdroppers. I got my phone and dialed Tony.

"What's up?" he answered.

"Get three guys out here now. Chloe and Tom were just here."

" 'Here' as in where? What's going on?"

"I'm at Annelise's house. I heard Chloe and Tom speaking to Annelise and her mother before I knocked. They've become traitors. Send three assassins to look for them. They haven't gone far, I'm sure. Tell them not to kill them, yet. I want to talk to them."

"Yes, sir."

I hung up just as I heard footsteps approaching. I looked up to see Annelise in her usual gray sweat attire. She knows how to rock these clothes well.

"Who were you just talking to?" she asked me suddenly.

"Uh, Tony. He won't be able to make it to school."

She simply nodded and led the way to the door.

_______________________________________________

Annie's POV

Something's definitely wrong. I was near the living room when I clearly heard him mention Chloe and Tom and how they're traitors. I don't know If I should feel relieved that they'll both be captured, or to feel bad for them. 

We reached the school in no time, giving us roughly 10 minutes to get to class. 

"Has Jenny been showing up to classes?" I asked him as we took our usual seats in the back.

"I haven't seen her since you were gone, why?"

"No reason." Except she hasn't been answering my calls and I'm worried as heck. 

Over breakfast my mother reminded me that Jenny had visited them the day we fought the goons. Apparently Jenny knows about my fighting skills. To what extent, I don't know. 

What I also don't know is where and when she saw me fighting.

__________________________________________________

Author's Note: 

Sorry for not uploading yesterday!! 

I'm trying to get the pieces to fit together in this story, but it's proving to be difficult >.<

And I'm sorry to that person who I told I was going to include some action scenes! That won't happen until the next chapter!! Please forgive me D:

Also.... what's going on with Jenny? What is she doing? Why hasn't she answered Annie's calls and texts or even gone to school? Commentate yo' opinions!

 P.S. If you guys are confused, please let me know where and in what section you got confused! I'd like to know so I can maybe reword it, or to help you better understand and explain what is going on. I don't know what to do with "I'm confused" comments, lol. Love you guys!! <3