14🐈

I think I hurt Cam's feelings and I have to make it up to him somehow

I think I hurt Cam's feelings and I have to make it up to him somehow. I get up super early and head down to my favorite bakery that's open all night and get two pieces of cake.

Can't let mom know I went there but I didn't want to take him a cookie. I pull up at his house and see his truck.

I get out and grab the cake and hit the doorbell. It takes a few minutes but he opens the door running his fingers through his hair.

"Sunshine what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I feel bad about last night and I brought cake," I said.

He motions for me to come inside and he shuts the door. "You didn't have to do this. What time is it anyway?" He squints.

"It's 7:30 am. Why aren't you up for work?" I ask.

"Levi gave me a few days off since your shop is done." He said sitting on the barstool.

"Well I have more furniture coming today and then I have to go pick out the cats. Violet was supposed to come with me but she isn't feeling the best." I said.

"Well, maybe Markie can go with you." He said dryly.

"Cam I said I'm sorry," I said.

"And I accept your apology Sierrah." He said.

"I can't help that you don't like Markie but you haven't even given him a chance," I said.

" And I don't plan to. There is something about him that doesn't sit well with me or your Uncle." He said.

"What can I do about it? I mean I already hired him and he knows we are seeing each other." I said.

"I'm not going to argue with you. You will never see him how I do. But thanks for the cake and for stopping by but I'm going back to sleep." He shrugged.

"Ok well, I guess I will be going. Bye Cam." I said heading to the door. He didn't say a word as I left. I thought that would cheer him up but I guess he really hates Markie. Well, fuck me.

I sit in his driveway for a few minutes willing myself not to cry when my phone beeps.

📱I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings I just don't like the guy and also I just want to spend time alone today. Talk later Sunshine.

📱Ok, talk later.

Well, that's a plus he called me sunshine. I head over to the shelter alone and pick out 10 cats. Now I need names for them all but they will deliver them in a week. I need time to order coffee beans and a few other things.

I stop at Cookie Grounds to get a cookie when my phone beeps.

📱Have you talked to Cam today?

📱Yeah, I did Violet and he's upset with me over Markie.

📱Oh well heads up go easy on him. It's the anniversary of his dad's death.

📱No wonder he wants to be alone. Does Coop happen to have a pic of his dad? I have an idea.

📱He said he does. Drop by whenever.

📱See you soon bish.

📱Love ya Si.

I leave cookie grounds and head over to Violets. I'm on a mission to make this day special for Cam.

When I walk in Coop has a pic of Cam's dad on the kitchen table. "Oh, this is perfect!" I smile.

"What are you going to do with it?" Coop asks.

"I'm going to have it blown up for his house. I knew he couldn't be that upset over Markie." I said.

"That sounds nice but what do you mean upset over Markie?" Violet asks.

"Markie came helped out at the store yesterday and Cam just doesn't like him and Cam left and I stayed and Markie and I went over stuff. I asked if he wanted me to come over after and he said no he was spending time with Julia. Then I went over a little bit ago and he said he wanted to be alone." I said.

"This would be why. He always takes it hard on this day. His dad meant a lot to him." Coop said.

"What was his name?" I ask.

"Lee. This is why Cam went into the Air-force." Coop said.

"I will bring the picture back. But it may be tomorrow if that's ok?" I said.

"Sure that's fine but make sure you do ok?" Coop said.

"I will. Where is Julia asleep?" I ask.

"Yeah, she had a rough night teething," Violet said.

"Thanks, guys! Wish me luck." I said leaving heading to my car. I need to go downtown and have this blown up and framed and I know just the guy.

I pull up at the store and go in looking for Richard. I find him in the back of the store making frames.

"Hey, Richard!" I smile.

"Well, Sierrah Reece! It's nice to see you what can I do for you?" He asked.

"I need this blown up and put in one of your pretty frames and wrapped please." I smile.

"Oh you know I can do that for you!" He said.

"I knew you could. I'm going to look around while you do that." I said.

"Give me ten minutes." He said.

I hope I am making the right decision and he doesn't hate me for having this done. But I want to take food and sit around and hear stories about his dad.

I pick out a big aqua color bow to go on the wrapping paper. I walk back over and watch Richard finish the frame and it looks perfect.

I pull out my phone and call and order a pizza and some wings and a two-liter of Coke. I am determined not to make this day terrible for him.

"Sierrah how does this look?" Richard ask.

"Amazing Richard!" I smile.

"Is this man related to you?" He asks.

"It's the guy I'm datings dad and today is the anniversary of his death and I hope to cheer him up." I smile.

"This should help." He said wrapping the framed picture.

"I sure hope so." I smile.