26🐈

Last night was a hit! I wake up super early and don't see Cam in the bed

Last night was a hit! I wake up super early and don't see Cam in the bed. Yes, I stayed the night last night.

I get up and shower and get ready for the day. I put on a cute outfit and apply some lipstick and walk downstairs and I find Cam in the kitchen.

"Morning, what are you doing up so early?" I ask.

"Coop and I went for a run and I come back to make us some egg white bites." He smiled putting two on a saucer for me.

"I haven't had these but they look good thanks, Cam." I smile.

"Your welcome. I didn't want to wake you since I knew you were going to work today. Do you need me to go in with you?" He asks.

"No, I'm good I'm sure you have things to do." I smile.

"Yeah, maybe a few things before I start back to work. Levi has a big bid on a motel that needs to be built and he wants me to work with him." He said taking a drink of water.

"That's great Cam. But if you get bored today you can come pet the cats." I smirk.

"I would rather pet yours." He smirks.

I walk around the counter and wrap my arms around him and pull him down for a kiss.

"Maye I'll let you in the candy shop later." I giggle.

"The candy shop huh? I think eros has corrupted you." He laughs.

"Ok, I gotta get going. Do you want me to come over this evening?" I ask.

"Of course I do Sunshine. I'll order us some food of some kind." He said.

"Sounds good. Ok gotta go." I said standing on my tiptoes to kiss him again. "I love you, Cam." I smile.

"I love you too Sunshine. Now get going!" He said smacking my butt as I walked out the door.

I get in my car and head down to the shop and I see cars there which makes me smile.

When I walk in Corey and Markie are behind the counter serving customers and I smile when I look around and see people drinking lattes and petting the cats.

"How's it going, guys?" I ask.

"Oh, it's been busy. Really nonstop since we opened." Markie said.

"That's music to my ears. I'll be back in the office if you guys need me." I said walking off.

I flip on my light and smile when I see a new light of cat whiskers on the wall behind me in pink. Wonder who did that? Probably Cam. I smile to myself and sit down and work on some paperwork I had avoided a few days.

Around lunchtime Markie walks in the doorway smiling. "So things have slowed down a little and I thought I would check on you." He said.

"Thanks, Markie I appreciate it. Come sit I need to ask you a question." I said.

"Yeah sure, what is it?" He asked sitting down.

"Umm last night I saw you several times rolling your eyes at Cam. Do you not like him or something?" I ask.

"Oh, my bad I didn't mean anything by it." He said.

"If that's true then why not roll your eyes at everyone? Be honest with me Markie." I said.

"Fine! Sierrah I don't think he's good enough for you. You need a real man." He said.

"A real man? And who would that be? you?" I asked.

"Maybe." He laughs.

"Look I'm not sure what you think but I love Cam and he loves me," I said.

"Oh my god! You have slept with him haven't you Sierrah?" Markie asks.

"That wouldn't be any of your business Markie," I said.

"No, I guess it isn't. I try to fake nice around him but I just don't like him." He shrugged.

"How can you say he's not a real man? I mean for fucks sake he's a military man who fought for our country. For our freedom. He hasn't done anything to you for you not to like him." I said getting mad.

"No need to get mad Sierrah. I'm just saying I don't like the guy that's all." He said.

"Well, Cam doesn't care for you either and it seems like he has a reason not to. I'm not sure this is going to work out  you working for me." I said.

"Come on Sierrah you have known me most of our lives and you have never given me a chance but yet this guy just walks right in your life and now your his girlfriend? This is bullshit!" He said.

"I think you need to leave my office and actually get out of my store. I'm not sure if I want you to work here. I need to think." I said.

"Fine, I'm out of here," Markie said jumping up and stomping out of the office.

I hold my hands over my face when a light knock is on the door and I look up and it's Corey. "Are you ok?" He asked.

'Yeah, thanks Corey I'm fine. Just an argument with Markie." I said.

"Oh ok, he stomped out without a word. I'm going to get back out there." He said.

"Abira should be in soon. But holler if you need help ok?" I said as he walked out.

Cam was right all along. He's not going to be happy with what happened with Markie. I sigh and try to focus on the paperwork that's sitting before me.

My phone rings and I see it's Cam.

📞Hey!

📞Hey, sunshine how's it going?

📞Not good I'll just say you were right.

📞About what?

📞Markie! We had a huge fight and well I'll explain it to you later.

📞Son of a bitch. I'm close to the shop do you want me to stop by?

📞No, I'm good he's gone. I'll be there soon if you want to order us some food or something.

📞How's Japanese sound?

📞Sounds delicious. Love you, Cam.

📞I love you too Sunshine! Bye.