64🔆

A couple of months passed by and we have been working hard on the motel

A couple of months passed by and we have been working hard on the motel. Between working and keeping Julia on a lot of nights I'm worn out.

When I got off work I headed over to Coffee Meow to see my beautiful wife. I pull up and it seems busy. I walk in and it's busier than I thought.

Sierrah was actually behind the counter with Abira and Corey getting lattes on the counter fast. I walked over and kissed the side of her face. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Yeah please, Cam will you go back in storage and get more cat food?" Sierrah said.

"Sure I don't mind. Don't worry I'll take care of it." I said walking to the back where the container was and filling up the bucket and grabbing the scooper to go fill the bowls.

After I finish that I give Jinx an extra rub as he was meowing in my face. I look back over to the counter and some guy is banging his fists on the counter and shouting.

"What seems to be the problem?" I ask.

"He thinks we shorted him on his latte," Abira said.

"I explained to him that all lattes are filled up none halfway filled but I was willing to give him another and then he threw a fit," Sierrah said.

"Corey you are the manager you should fix it," I said to him and smirked.

Corey smiled and grabbed another cup and filled it up and handed it to the man free of charge.

I walked to the back with Sierrah and smile. "And that is why you made him a manager. Corey is great at what he does." I smile.

"And you are a great husband. I'm glad you stopped by. It's time for Leigh and Amelia to come in so we can go if you want." She said.

"Let's stop and get food and go eat with Coop and Violet and those kiddos," I said.

"KFC?" She asked.

"That sounds delicious," I said thinking about how hungry I am.

I follow her home after we picked up the food and walked down to Coop and Violets. I knocked on the door and Coop opened the door.

"Hey, we come by with dinner. Thought maybe you guys need it." I said.

"Oh man, we so needed that come in." He said ushering us in.

When we walked into the kitchen Violet had Tyler on her hip and Julia was walking around like a little penguin. Yep, it's fun to see her finally walking.

Her big birthday celebration is this weekend with the family and you know they are doing it big.

"Am ove am." She smiled.

"I love you too Julia," I said picking her up and kissing her cheek.

Sierrah made a beeline over to Violet and took Tyler from her so she could sit down for a second.

"Let's get this food out I'm starving." Coop said so I put Julia in her highchair and Sierrah was still holding Tyler to give Violet a break.

We stuffed our faces and talked and laughed for a few hours and It put Julia and Tyler to sleep. Sierrah helped Violet get the kids upstairs and they come back downstairs and go outside to sit on their deck for a while and unwind.

"Now the kids are down I can relax." Violet laughed.

"We know you guys have your hands full that's why we came and brought food," I said.

"Plus we wanted to see the kids." Sierrah laughed.

"So are you guys ready for the party?" Coop asked.

"Of course I'm ready for all the food." I laugh patting my belly.

"Shit Cam you don't even have a belly just abs." Violet snorts.

"And your jealous." I laugh.

"Why is she jealous when she has Mr. six-pack right there," Sierrah said pointing to Coop.

"Exactly! I'm not chopped liver." Coop laughed.

The baby monitor came on and Julia was crying saying Am am am.

"Is this what you're talking about?" I ask.

"Yes, and since she's asking for you have at it," Violet said.

"It would be my pleasure." I smile getting up and heading upstairs to Julia's room. 

I walk over to the crib and look down at her and her little eyes were wet and she looked up at me and smiled.

"You little stinker," I said lifting her up out of the bed and walking over to the rocking chair with her. "How about we rock Julia?" I said sitting down.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and laid her head on my shoulder.  I sang a little song to her and rubbed her back until she went back to sleep.

I continued to rock her back and forth and put myself to sleep until Violet woke me up taking Julia out of my arms and putting her into her crib.

I followed her out of the bedroom and she smiled. "You big ole softy." She laughed.

"I can't help it. That little girl has me wrapped around her finger." I smile walking back down to the kitchen where Coop and Sierrah are.

"I found this one rocking Julia in her chair and both were asleep." Violet giggles.

"Guess I was tired." I yawned.

"I think we need to get home and go to bed," Sierrah said.

"Good idea. Nite guys! Cya at the party and yes I've bought all kinds of gifts." I laugh.

"We wouldn't expect anything less Cam." Coop laughed.

We walk back to the house and head straight upstairs to get ready for bed.

"Was she awake when you went up there?" Sierrah asked.

"Yeah, she was lying there with tears in her eyes but smiled when she saw me," I said.

"She does this every night apparently. When she grows up she's going to want to stay with us a lot." Sierrah said.

"That would be ok with me Sunshine." I smile getting in bed.