21🔆

I can't believe Sierrah and Gray got access to my dad's ashes

I can't believe Sierrah and Gray got access to my dad's ashes. They are always surprising me with their kindness.

Sierrah sends a picture to her dad and thanks him for me before joining me on the couch.

"He said you are more than welcome and glad that your dad is home with you." She said tearing up.

"Hey what's the matter?" I ask wiping her tears.

"I know my dad can be a handful and overprotective but I don't know what I would do without him." She said.

"Dads are supposed to be overprotective. Look how I am with Julia and she's not even mine." I laugh.

"You will make a great dad someday Cam." She smiles.

"Well, you are the only one I would want a baby with. Is that something you want?" I ask.

"Someday I mean I'm only twenty I think I'm too young right now." She said.

"I get that but someday sounds good," I said putting my arm around her pulling her close to me.

We sit in silence and stare at the candle she lit that's near my dad's medals.

"Tell me Cam do you have any medals that you can add to your dad's collection?" She asks.

"I do have some medals upstairs in the closet," I said.

"Let's get them and put them here and I really think we should take your uniform and your dads and have them framed. I know just the guy." She said.

"That would be nice to have framed Sunshine. You will have to take me to your guy." I said.

"Richard is awesome! I've known him my whole life. A shadow box for those uniforms would be awesome!" She smiled.

I leaned over and kissed her before going upstairs to get my medals.

I grab the box out of the closet and Sierrah is sitting on the bed. It takes me back to the other night when I did dirty things to her and I smirk.

"How many do you have?" She asked.

"I have a medal of honor and an Airman's medal. Not as many as my dad." I said.

"Those are so cool can I touch them?" She asked.

"Of course you can Sunshine," I said.

"One day you need to put that uniform on for me that would be so hot." She smiled.

"Hot enough for your clothes to fall off?" I laugh.

"Most definitely." She giggles.

"Let's go put my medals with my dads," I said clutching them in my hand.

I arrange them on the table how I want them and stand back and smile.

"Cam I told my dad that we love each other and that I may not come home tonight." She said.

I turn around and face him's. "Wow, Sunshine what did he say?"

"He said he figured so and that we better not make him a grandpa early and that if I was going to stay to let him know so he wouldn't worry." She said.

"Are you going to stay?" I ask.

"I have my bag in the car." She smiled.

"Oh hell yeah! My first sleepover in my house. Maybe we should get to making that spaghetti now." I laugh.

"I know how to make my moms and it's delicious." She said.

I wrapped her in my arms and kissed her gently before heading to the kitchen.

We cooked together and by the time we were done and sit down to eat it was 9 pm.

"This looks delicious Sunshine," I said.

"I hope you like it. You know I learn from the best." She laughed.

"Tell me about your parents how did they meet?" I ask.

Dad lived next door with Uncle Levi and Violet and mom moved into our house. It had been her uncle's house and the first night she stayed there the dryer caught on fire and instead of calling 911 she ran next door not knowing dad was a firefighter." She laughed.

"So it kinda exploded from there?" I laugh.

"You could say that and it wasn't long until I came along." She smiled.

"I love how close you all are and your dinners and all that. I wish I had that with my family." I said.

"It's not always been great. As you know dad and Uncle Levi and grandpa didn't always get along. I think after losing Grandma Alice it broke them." She said.

"Violet has pretty much mended that hasn't she?" I said taking my last bite.

"Oh she has and I'm so happy about that." Sierrah smiled.

I helped her clean up the kitchen and we went back to the living room to get a look at the wall hanging.

"When are you opening the shop?" I ask

"Here in a few days we are having a grand opening and I would love for you to be there Cam." She said.

"I wouldn't miss it Sunshine! If you teach me how to work that fancy machine I could help." I laugh.

"I have that covered. I've hired a few people. Two girls actually and a guy. Abira, Leigh, and Corey along with Markie. I think they can handle it so I'm not always there." She said

"Well sounds like I can come in and be a customer and a boyfriend." I laugh.

"I love the sound of that.." She smiles and stands on her tiptoes for a kiss.

"I'm so happy you are here with me. Are you sure your dad isn't going to come over and hurt me?" I laugh.

"He won't. I told him I was staying and he seemed ok even though earlier he told me he would whip my ass." She laughs.

I laugh and look at her... "He might be serious."

"I'll take my chances to be here with you Cam." She smiled.

I swooped her up in my arms bridal style and carried her up to the bedroom placing kisses all over her face. "I love you sunshine."

"I love you too Cam." She smiled.