67🐈

Six months later

Six months later...

I just got home from a visit to Dr. Sally. It was checkup time to make sure I'm still cancer-free and things are still great in that department.

Violet wants me to come down and sit on the deck with her so that's where I'm headed now.

When I get there she lets me in and Julia is running around giggling and carrying Casper the kitty. That seems to be her favorite gift she got on her birthday six months ago.

We went outside and sit on the deck and Tyler is in the walker bouncing around and Julia is in a little pool on the porch splashing around.

"Such a nice day huh?" I said sitting down at the umbrella table.

"It is and it's nice getting the kids out to play. Since it's our day off I figured I would run some energy out of them until Coop wakes up and then I can take a nap." Violet said.

"Sounds like you have it figured out. I got up when Cam left this morning I had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Sally." I said.

"How did that go Si?"

"It went well. I'm still cancer-free." I smile.

"I'm glad to hear that. Umm, I got something to say and I want you to hear me out." She said.

"I'm scared but what is it, Violet?"

"Coop and I have talked about it and I really wanted to talk to the both of you but with Cam working I know you will relay the message." She said moving closer to me picking up my hand.

"Alright, I'm freaking out. Is something wrong?" I ask.

"No nothing is wrong Si... Listen I have thought long and hard about this and I want to help you." She said.

"Umm help me with what?" I ask.

"Coop and I talked and we both agree that if you want to have a baby I want to help you and have the baby for you." She said.

Tears sprung to my eyes and I couldn't even breathe or answer her... "Wait what?"

"I want to help you have a baby. I want to be your surrogate and carry your baby." Violet said.

"Oh my god! Violet, I don't know what to say but this means so much to me." I said pulling her in for a hug.

She hugged me so tight and I cried on her shoulder for a good few minutes.

"Si I love you and Cam so much. You are a sister to me and well you know how much I love Cam and you both do so much for us that I want to give you this gift." She said.

"I will talk with Cam but I don't even know where to start." I cried.

"Don't you worry I do. I have already checked it all out and Dr. Sally gave me info on where to go. I don't want any more kids for myself but I want to do this for the both of you." She said.

"I just don't know what to say and thank you just isn't enough." I sniff.

"Dont thank me just yet. I mean you harvested eggs before your hysterectomy and it can be done. I mean I've checked it all out first and researched for months before even telling you." She said.

"And Coop is really ok with this?" I ask.

"He is on board. He knows how much you both want a child." She smiled.

"I will talk to Cam about it when I get home and I will let you know but if I know him as well as I do I know that he will want to do it." I laugh wiping my tears.

Once I make it home what Violet said is swirling in my head as I make dinner. I can't believe she wants to help us. I can't wait to tell Cam.

I just got the lasagna out of the oven when he walked in the door. "Hey, Sunshine! It sure smells good in here." He said.

"I made lasagna! It's ready if you want to wash up." I said.

He walked over kissed my cheek and headed upstairs to clean up and change clothes.

Once he came down and over to the table I sit down the lasagna and salad. "How was your day?" I ask.

"It was good. How about you?" He asked.

"Dr. Sally said I'm still cancer-free which is a good sign and then I went over and saw Violet," I said.

"How were the kids?" He asked.

"They were good. Tyler was in the walker and Julia was in her little pool splashing around with her dolls." I smile.

"I miss them. I haven't seen them in a few days." He grinned.

"So Violet and I had a big talk today and I need to tell you about it. I want you to have an open mind but she shocked me by what she said." I said.

"Is she pregnant again?" He laughed.

"No, not exactly... But Cam she wants to help us have a baby. She wants to be our surrogate." I choke up.

"She what?" He said sitting back in his chair crossing his arms.

"She wants to carry a baby for us. Coop is on board with it and she's been researching it and even had Dr. Sally help her find a doctor and everything if we want to." I said.

"Is that something you want Sunshine?" He asked.

"Yes but how about you? You are quiet about it." I said.

"That would be amazing if she could help us have a baby. I'm not sure all the details but yes." He smiled.

I jump up from my chair and walk over to him and sit on his lap and throw my arms around his neck and kiss him.

"Then we should call and tell Violet the news." I giggle and kiss him again.