49🐈

It's been nice having a cat around the house for a few days but today Cookie goes back to the shop

It's been nice having a cat around the house for a few days but today Cookie goes back to the shop. She has really taken a liking to Cam but I'm not surprised.

Cam carries the cage out to the car for me and says bye to Cookie and kisses me goodbye and I head to the stop.

We don't even talk about Markie at all. His name isn't to be uttered in the shop at all. Abira is back to being her sweet lovable self and he got 10-15 years in prison and that's because of the attempted rape and also threatening us.

I pull up at the shop and I see Abira and Corey helping people and a few people are sitting inside petting the cats. I carry Cookie in and open the cage and she darts out and looks around before finding her favorite spot in a cat tree and goes lays down.

"Hey, guys!" I smile walking over.

"It's nice to have Cookie back," Abira said.

"Cam was enjoying her being home. Maybe we should get a cat." I laugh.

"It's better than a baby." She laughed.
"Oh, shit I'm sorry Sierrah I didn't mean that." She said.

"Abira it's fine. Don't walk on tiptoes around me and kids. It's just something that happened and I can't change but I'm not going to be offended when people bring them up." I said.

Abira hugs me. "I know but I feel bad and I know it's fresh."

"Thank you! That's why we are friends." I smile and walk back to my office where I stay all day working on paying bills and getting other things done.

By the time 4 pm gets here I am more than ready to go. I walk out and see Amelia and Leigh wiping down the counters.

"Hey, guys I'm headed out but text me if you need anything ok?" I said.

"We shall be fine." Bye Si." Amelia said.

I stopped on the way home and picked up some food. I couldn't wait to see Cam. I have missed his handsome face today.

When I get home I hear him on the phone and he sounds mad. I set the food bag on the counter and go looking for him and find him in the garage. He's been working out.

He smiles at me and then scowls down at the phone and continues to hold it to his ear.

I walk back out of the room and upstairs and change my clothes and when I come back down Cam was in the kitchen. I walk over to him and kiss him.

"I'm sorry about that. My mom called and of course, wanted money. Didn't ask how I was or even where I was. Her new husband is in jail. I told her I couldn't help her and she kept crying about it but I'm not taking my hard-earned money and bailing out that drunk." He said.

"Well, I don't blame you one bit. I would feel the same way. So I brought food home are you hungry?" I ask.

"I'm starving what did you bring us?" He asked kissing my cheek.

"I stopped and got some burgers and fries," I said grabbing some drinks.

"Sounds good. Let's head out to the deck and sit and enjoy this nice weather." He said.

"Sounds perfect!" I smile as I follow him outside.

We sit and eat our food and watch the people down on the beach walking around and some in the water.

"How about we go down and sit in the sand and maybe put our feet in the water? He asked.

"That sounds perfect Cam." I smile over at him.

He picks up our mess and takes it inside and comes out with a blanket. He grabs my hand and we walk down all those steps.

I spread the blanket out and we both sit down and take our shoes off and dig our toes in the sand.

The water washes up and covers our feet and ankles. I wrap my arm in Cams and lean my head over on him.

"The sunset is beautiful isn't it Sunshine?" He said.

"It most definitely is and it's even better watching it with you, Cam," I said.

"So how about we get married right here on the beach at sunset in your bikini and my swim shorts?" He said.

"I'm leaning toward that more and more each day. It would be different but something we would do. I could wear a coverup of some kind." I said.

"Shouldn't take long to plan that would it?" He asked.

"No not really I wouldn't think. When do you want to get married, Cam?" I ask.

"I'm ready whenever you are. I would do it tomorrow but it's too short of a notice." He laughed.

"Yeah, way too short of time. But we are only inviting family and my employees and Hunter and Joy." I said.

"Yeah, and there isn't anyone I want to invite." He said.

"We can always bring your dad along." I smile.

"Thank you for thinking of him." He smiled and leaned over for a kiss.

"Of course because he made you into the man that I love so much. Maybe we can get things decided soon." I said.

"Sounds like a plan to me. But hopefully tomorrow we will have a get-together and find out what the baby is." He laughed.

"Julia isn't going to like not being the baby." I laugh.

"She will always be my baby Sunshine. I love that little girl so much." He said.

"You aren't telling me anything that I don't already know. She lights up around you as you do her and I think she's taken a liking to Casper." I smile.

"She likes pulling his poor fur." Cam laughs.

"He doesn't seem to mind any." I smile sinking my feet in the sand.

Cam wraps his arm around me and pulls me close kissing the side of my head.