The Funeral

"Funeral?"

"Yeah, you haven't heard? A group of people in Manberg are hosting a funeral for Jschlatt..." Philza says, taking a sip of his cup of tea "Though, it's not all that surprising you haven't heard the news. You haven't really been out of this house since that little accident"

I didn't reply to him. I was trying to process what he's just told me.
A funeral for my brother? Didn't people hate him? Didn't they despise him? Why were they hosting a funeral for him?

The answers should of been obvious to me, but they weren't. I drew a blank to every question my mind asked.
I was completely stumped.

Philza meanwhile, continued to drink the tea, finishing every last drop before he places the empty cup down on the table in front of us. He then stared at me with a determined look.

"I think you should go"

"...Is that really the only reason you came all the way here all of a sudden?" I question

"You live with Techno now, so I can't expect you to know everything going down as of late. I just wanted to give you the news." He says, taking a stand

"It will be hosted in Manberg, right?" I asked

"Indeed. And It will be starting in a few hours, so if you want to make it.... I suggest you get going now" Philza says

"...Are you going?" I ask

"No..." He replies "I have other things to do today"

I sighed at his reply.
He's at least considerate about the well being of others, or at least enough to inform me.

"But all I know is that there will be quite a lot of people there during the ceremony. They'll be having speeches and everything...!" He tells me

He then flashes me a quick small smile before turning and walking out of the cabin, leaving me all alone once more.

A funeral... hmmm....
I guess there wouldn't be too much harm in attending. The worst thing they could do is kick me out, if they didn't want me there that is.

Taking a stand, I made my way outside and over to Remi who was chilling in the little paddock that Techno made a little while ago for Remi and his horse Carl.

"Hey Remi, I want to go into town today. Mind tagging along?" I ask

Remi eagerly trotted up to me, definitely set on going out. Once I entered the paddock and walked Remi out, I hoisted myself up onto Remi's back and pointed him into the direction of Manberg.

Once we set out, my mind filled up with those questions once more.
What's going to happen? How will it go? Would me being there make things worse?

They were a little on the negative side of things unlike my previous thoughts, but they had the same intention. Curiosity and wonder.

The crunching of the snow beneath was a distant sound, the leaves russling were too. My breathing was the main sound filling my head, it was picking up. 

I'm just worried of what is to come... But, I shouldn't worry... They aren't bad people...
No one here is...
...Well, at least...
That's what I hope...

A few hours go by, but we finally made it to Manberg.
I got off Remi and I went further into the city, Remi trailing behind me.

It's been only a few days since I've seen this place, but a lot of the areas were fixed up pretty nicely.
Tubbo and the others did a good job rebuilding this nation.
...But when things are built, they will fall again soon enough.