Full Control

It was quiet in the weird elevator thing me, Tubbo, Tommy and Dream stood on.

The only sound being made at the moment was the sound of pistons retracting from below us, making us go further and further down into the ground.

But after a while of silence, Dream decided to speak up.

"Tommy, you brought this all on yourself. From the first time you walked into our lands, you've been a headache. Okay? You brought war, you brought terrorism--"

And once Dream said that, we finally began to see a room.

Tommy and Tubbo gasped in shock upon seeing it, and- I have to admit... Even I was a little speechless at first.

The main room itself was quite large in scale, a simple nether portal stood still and center against the wall from across the room. On each sides of the portal, there were large pictures of two music discs. And below them, resting on big gold platforms... Were the discs in the pictures.

They were probably Tommy's.

No- they definitely were Tommy's.
Why else would they be here still?
And-- why else did they agree to Dream's terms?

The floor was a mixture of bedrock and blackstone bricks, occasionally they had a light source from the redstone lamps. The walls were made of complete blackstone bricks too, there was no light, so everywhere above the ground floor was complete darkness.

After my study of the room, and Tommy and Tubbo's freak out session, Dream continued.

"....and y'know- the cause of all the war.... of everything... was attachment." Dream says

I mean--- 

--actually. I can't even go against him here.

He's 100% right.

A lot of wars-- a lot of conflicts... Are all because of attachment.

Like-- I'm here because of that stupid sword.

Tommy's here because of his discs....

And Tubbo's here--- wait... why is Tubbo here again?
I guess his attachment is Tommy... But still--

"Tommy, your attachment to the discs. Your attachment to Henry. To pets, to friends, to land, to countries, to items..." Dream listed off

By the time we finally got to the ground floor of Dream's 'secret base' (or- whatever it was) he got off the elevator thing.

We tried following, but Dream shook his head.

"Sit still for a second" Dream said

I listened, but Tommy and Tubbo took a step forward.

Dream repeated his order and the boys finally decided to listen.

"...that's-- the one good thing you've ever done. You've brought attachment to everyone...." Dream voiced "It took me a long time to realize how important attachment was. But when I did, y'know... it made me stronger. And I realized- that- Tommy... You're-- you're important... Right? Come- come look. Come see your discs."

Dream then began to walk towards the discs on the far side of the room. Tommy, Tubbo and-- I guess I decided to follow too.

Once we got over there, I eyed the discs, Tommy and Tubbo more closer to them than me.

I don't really see the importance to them.... Sure- the history behind them is pretty grand... But, you can just get so many replicas in an instant... They all sound the same.

Tommy just has some weird attachments.

This all probably would've been avoided if Tommy had multiple discs that were the same as cat and mellohi. That way, Dream wouldn't know what one is more prized than the others...

I get that Tommy is still a child, but living around Dream-- you can't be so careless...

No repeat in this life.

"Ever since attachment became such a big thing in this country... I decided to cut my attachment. I blew up my house, I lost my friends, I lost my items, I lost my crossbow... I lost everything that was important to me. I cut everything because thats what gave people power over eachother." Dream mentions

"Like- The reason right now that you all are here... Is because-- For Tommy... I have his discs.. Tubbo came here just because of Tommy... And Y/N came here to get her sword back"

"I didn't want to be controlled, so I cut everything. I lost everything. I had to lose everything, to gain everything."

"You haven't gained anything" Tommy commented

"Listen- Listen- If I can control the things that people are attached to, then I can control the server again. Because this isn't Tommy SMP- or Tubbo SMP-- This is DREAM SMP!" Dream announced

What's this about a server and an smp?

Wait- that actually makes me question things.

Why refer to all of this as a server? And why refer to it as the Dream SMP?

"If I have everything everyone cares about-- I can control everything." Dream simplified "I can turn this server back to what it use to be..."

What it use to be? Was it really that better before?

I mean... I guess before there wasn't as much war... Not as much conflict.... Everything had to be at peace once before, right?

"There's always another way, Dream. Do you forget that?" I said

Dream clicked his tongue at my statement.

"Every other option isn't nearly as good as this. You get it, right?" Dream responds

Well... He isn't wrong. 

Every other option is pretty bland compared to this...

"Follow me" Dream says, walking down over to the corridor further down the room

Skeptical, we followed after him.