Night Trip To The Nether

The wind howled throughout the night.
For the first time in a while, Tommy wasn't the one keeping me awake.
It was my thoughts.

I sat up from my bed, taking in my surroundings before making a move. I walked over to the ladder and slowly crept down it.
Upon making it down a floor, I come to find it to be completely empty.

Techno would usually be sleeping down here... He gave up his bed for me and said he would always sleep down here....

...so where is he?

I didn't need to worry about Thor or Floof. Since they're with Tommy from my knowledge.

But I have no information on Techno's whereabouts.

...possibly he's outside?

I walked over to the front door and sat down, grabbing my shoes before putting them on my feet. Once done, I stood up and walked outside, going down the stairs and hitting the white floor.

The snow crunched beneath me, my shaking breaths I was able to see. It was cold. Colder than usual.
It was dark, but I was still able to see.... but I wasn't able to see Techno anywhere.

Remi and Carl were sleeping in their paddock, and everything else around me stood still.

"...where could he be?" I murmured out

Carl's here, so didn't leave far... But where would he be going that's so close by?

My eyes trailed down to the snow, catching my eyes on faintly seen footsteps in the snow heading west from where I was standing.

I turned my body into the direction of where the footsteps where going and followed them closely. 

On the walk, I began to think. A lot of things have happen and I just wanted to process everything for a moment.

Johnathan... Manberg... The Revolution...

Everything just seemed so surreal.

I was just some writer not that long ago, and now I'm here... Staying with Technoblade... and Tommy too...
Having to live in such different circumstances... It's almost scary.

...Only because I haven't lived with anyone other than animals for the longest time...
It's strange living with people who aren't family.

Well, maybe not. I kinda see them as family in a way.
Tommy being the annoying little brother...
And Techno being....

...

..

.

.

being what..?

I shook that thought out of my head.
I shouldn't think of things like that now out of all times.

After a while of walking, I finally arrived at a.... nether portal.

It seemed to be newly created, by what I see... No dust, grime, snow or ice was on the obsidian. It's purple hue was all so mesmerizing, and more importantly... the footsteps seem to be leading to it.

Oh dear god-

"What are you doing here?" A voice asked, placing their hand on my shoulder

I jumped at the contact and my head snapped to look at who was there behind me, only for me to tense up even more upon seeing who it was.

"...what are you doing here Dream?" I questioned

With a small chuckle, he removed his hand from my shoulder.
"Ohhh, nothing... nothing..! Really, I just saw you out here and got curious"