Surprises

It's been about two hours since Techno and Tommy left to get some bamboo from L'manberg. Seriously- does it really take so long to get bamboo? I mean- bamboo out of all things-

Regardless of my thoughts about them taking their time with their journey, I decided to think about the future.

It's growing dark, and because of this... I should prepare dinner..!

Techno has always been head chef and always offers to cook, he's apparently worried that I'll burn the cabin down to ashes...

I'm not the one who sets the fires..!!
...thats sapnap-
or so I've heard...

I began to think about what to make. I didn't have a lot to work with, since all Techno really brought back that was food related were just potatoes. There was a few other stuff, but the majority of them were potatoes.

What kind of potato dishes can I make? A shepherd's pie? potato croquettes? potato fans? simple baked potatoes?

You know what? How about a casserole this time around?

After making a decision, I made my way to the kitchen to get started on the preparations.

...

..

.

.

.

"And... done!!" I exclaimed, opening the oven

It surprisingly didn't look that bad, and when I did a taste test earlier with a smaller portion it tasted pretty good.

Once I put on an oven mitten, I used my covered hand to move the casserole onto a wooden chopping board.
After setting it down, I removed my oven mit and placed it besides the now cooling down casserole.

"Techno..! What the fuck?!" a muffled voice outside exclaimed

My eyes glance towards the door, setting sight on it finally opening.
But, I was a little taken aback by the sight... It seemed like it stopped for a few seconds.

And that's all because I saw Tommy and Techno walking in with something else other than bamboo in hand...

Foxes. Two of them. As white as snow.

...Why did they bring home snow foxes?

Once the two of them made it into the house and managed to somehow close the door, Tommy caught my gaze and chuckled with a sheepish grin on his face.

"Y/N! Look at what we've got here..!" Tommy says, cuddling the fox in his arms "They aren't as cute as Henry, but they are fluffy as hell"

"...did you two kidnap them?" I asked, staring blankly

"What?? No!! I wouldn't snoop that low..! We merely just offered them a new home..." Tommy huffed

The more I stared at the foxes, the one in Tommy's grasps seemed more calm while the one in Techno's seemed a little fiery, almost agro.

"...uh huh" I murmur

"Ohhh! You made dinner this time..?" Tommy asked, setting down the fox he held onto the floor and making his way over to me

"Uhhh, yeah. Yeah. Since you two were out I decided to..!" I say

"Niceee! Thanks..!" Tommy grinned

"Sit down you two, I can put some on plates... And I guess I can give some to the two fur-balls too" I mention

Tommy sat down eagerly, but Techno kept standing.
The more I stared at him, I come to realise his appearance. You could barely notice them, but there were scratches along Techno's arms and a few scatted around his face.
The fox in his arms seemed to keep trying to get themselves out of his grasp, but Techno didn't let go.