50.

Gina despised Durmstrang.

She despised it's dark, solemn corridors. She despised its malicious teachers who looked at her like she was their new punching bag. The students who whispered under their breaths about the newcomer from 'Stinky Hogwarts'.

She had really given her all to convince her parents Hogwarts was safe. Well, it was safer than Durmstrang. 

Durmstrang didn't have a clean reputation either.

According to the rumours, teachers loved to use pain as a punishment. Metal rulers on the palms, shock spells, and of course, magically binding you to your chair for an hour. It was not much of a revelation. This school studied Dark Arts. The headmaster had been a Death Eater after all.

Thankfully, Gina had stayed clear of the teachers. Even when they set traps for her to step in. Yesterday, her Dark Arts teacher disrespected Hogwarts and called them cheaters for allowing another Hogwarts champion. In fact, he had even gone on a rant.

She didn't fall for it.

The only obstacle standing in her way was the girls in her dormitory, class and the corridors. Yes, they were everywhere. They probably saw her as something they could step on. One could say it was a new experience for her.

At Hogwarts, she was known as respectable, but scary if trifled with. They stayed clear of her. The girls here didn't. Which was bad for her.

In her lunchtime, when she sat alone, she pondered the perfect way to assert herself. Without violence. Violence at Durmstrang was prohibited. Ironic, right? She swore the people here lived and breathed violence.

However, nothing came to her. She tried mean looks. Participating in class. Standing up tall. None of it worked. She missed her Hogwarts so much. What could she do to get back? She contemplated this with a glimpse out the window.

"What are you looking at?" a female voice demanded.

A tall girl glared at her. Teeth bared in what should be a smile. Gina noticed three girls trailing behind her.

"I am just...you know," Gina smiled politely at the girls behind. "Thinking."

The girl leaned on the table.

"Thinking?"

"Yes."

"Of course, the Hogwarts types are 'thinkers'," the girl sneered to her friends. "You won't last here if you thought."

They stalked off, fur coats rustling.

Sighing, Gina nodded. They were right. She wouldn't last. She had to get out of here.

___

His brother called him a sap. He was beginning to think he was right. One thing, he was delighted that McGonagall stuck him with Amara. In all honesty, he missed her. He knew he didn't deserve to miss her.

After his confession, he had shut her out. Shut a friend who needed him. Forced all his resentment on her as if it was her own. As if she was not already carrying too much. She had trusted him and he let her down.

Wow, it sounded like a Celestia Warbeck song.

In lieu of his pining and feelings, he had forgotten how it was like to be friends with Amara. McGonagall had hinted that she should help him with Transfiguration, seeing how things turned out in the last class. So now they were going to spend more time together. 

Whether Amara felt animosity  or not, she hadn't shown it. There were these little things, though. Like she would sigh or grumble under her breath. Or hardly smile. He understood that. After what he did, he didn't deserve even an ounce of attention from Amara Shacklebolt.