28.

PLOT TWIST FUN FACT: Amara was originally going to be called Zoe and Madeline was going to be Bridget, but the names were too boring. Let me know in the comments, do you think the names suit them before or after?

The diary had shown them everything. As soon as a drop of blood had landed on the old pages, its secrets were liberated. It showed them everything. The horrors of Graham Grindelwald's mind. It showed them everything. The gruesome events of the Pureblood movement. It showed them everything.

Her friends accompanied her to the Hospital wing. Amara held her bleeding hand, wincing at the pain. Her friends kept quiet on the way there. No one wanted to speak. No one knew what to say.

Madam Pomfrey had gotten cross at her recklessness. Still, in a caring tone, she reprimanded Amara to be more careful. Mind clouded with confusion, Amara simply nodded to everything. She made promises she was not sure she could keep.

When her hand got bandaged and healed, she returned to her room. Her friends had been told to stay away. No visitors were allowed. While she walked, she clutched her bandaged palm.   

She got back to her dorm before bedtime, blood visible on her uniform. Her fellow Ravenclaws looked at her strangely. Cass scoffed at her, sitting on an armchair. Vary of the stares, she hurried into her dorm.

Her friends waited in their pajamas, huddled on Amara's bed. Their heads perked up when the door swung open. They told her that they 'accidentally' found the book and 'accidentally' read the entire book. Not to mention, 'accidentally' made notes as well.

"Can we do this tomorrow? I'm tired and..." Amara let out a yawn.

Her friends agreed, eyeing her bandaged hand.

___

Amara and her friends spent the next evening at the library. Seeing her friends finding this matter serious made Amara feel better about her own interest in it. It felt less like a fool's errand. 

Her friends brought her the notes that they had taken. Amara seeped through them, quickly. Her friends had found little fragments on the Pureblood Supremacist Movement and more on what happened after it.

After looking for prying eyes, she took out Graham Grindelwald's diary. His name which had been written in black ink now turned to the colour of blood. More specifically; Amara's blood. She flipped to the other page.

'17th January 1750.

Of course. Somehow fate values unfaithful mudbloods and blood traitors. It has been two years since I first started cleansing the earth of them. My mother would have called this noble. She would be proud. Father would be proud too if he was not the one who sacrificed his magic. However, he was hardly a good person. He was not worthy. Just like those foul breeds.

I think I may have to cease my plans. My men and I decided to raid this village pub. Many vile, hideous creatures went there. No pureblood, white-skinned men like myself would go. We went as quietly as we could. Yet, they knew we were coming. They began attacking as soon as we stepped in.

I never found a chance to look for the traitor who told them. It happened so quickly. Perhaps it was Alexander. He was half a pureblood and half a mudblood. Samuel told me that he could double-cross us because of his filthy blood.

Alexander, though, died in the raid. He got hit by a misfire of Avada Kedavra from some mudblood. The hope I had for the raid was misplaced. Several of my men were captured. I got stabbed by a mudblood. It hurt.

I pretended to be dead. I had the intelligence to know there was no salvaging this raid. I played dead like a dog. The Mudblood was not intelligent enough to finish me off to be sure. A moment after, I apparated to my house.