3.

The next day, Amara refused to acknowledge Cass. Cass, herself, held her nose high as a Slytherin snob would do. Like Amara was the one who had said something hurtful. Camilla almost had to haul Gina from pouncing on her. That snide comment would not be forgotten.

The negative thoughts of Cass were flushed out of her mind when she approached History of Magic. She spotted the Weasley twins at the back of the class. Great, she had to face the person who despises her existence. She was about to go over and talk to George. But then Professor Binns arrived.

In the midst of the class, Amara peeked at the Weasley twins. They would be doing something mischievous everytime. They attempted to throw a piece of crushed parchment through the professor's transparent body. The entire class chuckled when the parchment flew through his head. To their surprise, the professor had not noticed.

In this class, Amara didn't see the dullness of the subject like her classmates did. Regardless of Professor Binn's monotonous teaching, the history of the wizarding world held her attention with its interesting events. Amara's quill ran across the paper rapidly, with her referring to her copy of History of Magic. Her mind was occupied with the fascinating facts Professor Binn's spewed out.

When the class met its end, Amara waited for the Weasley twins outside the classroom. Camilla yawned next to her. She had made the silly mistake of missing out on her morning tea. 

A familiar looking boy passed by, regarding Amara with a smile. Amara realized he was the handsome boy from the shop with the SMELTER'S BEST SMELLING INK.  "Hi. Fancy seeing you here," He ambled towards her. 

Amara studied his tie. He was a Hufflepuff.

 "Hey. Didn't know you were in Hogwarts! Never seem you around until now!" Amara exclaimed. 

The boy chuckled.

"I am in Hufflepuff. I take it you're a Ravenclaw? My name is James. You are?" The boy spoke.

"Amara. Nice to meet you, James. And yes, I am a Ravenclaw," said Amara, adjusting the strap of her rather heavy bag. "What do you have next?"

"Potions. I'm going this way, you?" James inquired, pointing in the same direction Amara's next class was.

"Me too. I have Charms at the moment. Camilla and I are walking this way too!" Amara gestured to her best friend, who waved at James sleepily. 

They started walking together.

"I don't think I have seen you in my classes. By chance, are you a fifth year?" James questioned, swinging his arms.

"Yeah. Camilla and I are fifth years. You?" Amara held Camilla's arm steady, seeing Camilla was swaying.

"I'm a sixth year. Taking Potions for my career as a Healer. I wished Snape didn't teach the subject. He's rather rude, isn't he?" James frowned.

"Rude is an understatement. Yesterday, I screwed up a potion, so the man gave me detention for this entire week!" Amara grumbled, the reminder of her detention hitting her in the gut.

James sympathetically nodded, "That's awful."

Amara and Camilla reached their Charms class.

"I guess this is your stop?" James peered inside the classroom.

"Yeah. It was nice meeting you. I guess I'll see you around?" Amara grinned at the Hufflepuff boy.

"I hope so. It was nice meeting you both. Good luck on Charms," James winked and continued on his doomed path to Potions.