37.

Special dedication: blueangelcupcake , one of the first to comment on my story. I was so happy to read her comments. It inspired me to go on and made me laugh sometimes. Thank you, Madaline.

______________________________________________________________________________

The April airbrushed her cheek. Amara's hair fluttered to its beat. As the weather had vastly improved since February, she decided to go outside. Alone, she resided under an oak tree.

On her lap sat her battered notebook. After much reluctance, she returned to the investigation. Some part of her could not let it go. Her fingers ran across the pages

On the side, messy writing, which was not hers, decorated the margins. George had stolen her book one day when she had left it behind. She chuckled at the crude comments he had made about Grindelwald. Even though it distracted from the actual research, she did not have the heart to cover it.

The handwriting striked some hidden sadness. Sadness that had been hanging around. It was not like before; strong, impossible to ignore. This kind caught her when she was alone, being mindful of her day. Amara sighed, slapping the book close.

Despite overthinking it all, she could not pinpoint why George was being distant. She would ask Fred but they were twins! Always together. Practically attached at the hip. And being the coward she was she could never confront him.

As her eyes wandered the green grounds, it fell upon an odd duo. They were walking towards her. One short. One tall. One with long platinum blonde hair. One with shoulder-length brown hair. It was none other than her other two friends; Luna Lovegood and Amitee Refuses-To-Say-Last-Name-Because-She-Wants-To-Embody-Cher.

The frown on her face lifted off her face.

A welcome distraction.

The two dropped down next to her. Amitee focused on Amara's notebook. Her pale hand snatched it. Before Amara could protest, they started flipping. "Don't you have permission in France?" groaned Amara, her fingers fumbling to grab it.

"Graham Grindelwald," Luna said, voice small. "Why are you so obsessed with him?"

Throwing her hands up, Amara retorted "I am not obsessed!"

With a raised eyebrow, Amitee scrutinized her.

"If you're not obsessed, then what is this?" she demanded.

From past experiences, she knew she had to tell them. She remembered her other friends becoming angry when she hid it from them. Frankly, she did not want to explain this weird project of hers. But, she did not want history to repeat itself.

She told them everything.

Whilst she explained it all, Amara remembered why she started this in the first place. Those twisted, cruel nightmares and visions. When she tried ignoring them, it only led to more. Not to mention that her mother was tied into this in some way. She finished, a forbidding thought lingering at the back of her mind.

What if this dark object was the cause of her death?

"You know, you can ask me for help," Amitee suggested, glancing at Luna who gave a nod.

"Wait, what?"

Rolling her eyes, Amitee repeated. "Can I help? I think this rather interesting. I think Luna would be interested, wouldn't you?" She turned to Luna. The girl nodded, eyes still scanning the journal.

"See?" Amitee grinned, satisfied. "Let us help. I got one hundred percent in my research paper. I would be good at this."

Astonished, Amara stared at them. "Really? You? Isn't this too weird?"