11.

48 hours. 48 hours of ghastly dreams and being trapped inside her bindings. Even though she could breathe, it felt like she was underwater. Whenever she would open her mouth, cold water rushed into her lungs suffocating her. An invisible force pushed her on to shore.  Her face came into contact with warm sand.  Blinking salt water out of her eyes, Amara rolled on her back. A hand came in view, offering its help. Amara clasped the hand. 

The hand brought her into reality. She saw the infirmary laid out in front of her. The room swayed. Amara found herself muttering nonsense. The voices. The voices. Sweat covered her skin, clothes sticking to it. 

"Oh, dear! You're awake!" Madam Pomfrey exclaimed, rushing over with a towel. She dabbed it on Amara's brow. "How are you feeling?"

As she hadn't used it for hours, her voice was hoarse and scratchy. "I feel bad. When can I leave?" muttered Amara. 

"Patience is a virtue," Madam Pomfrey articulated. "I have to check if you're completely fine, then I'll leave you be."

"Was I muttering in my sleep?"

"You were muttering something about finding something. It's a normal side effect. Headaches too," the nurse said, offering a glass of water. "Good news is that you'll be out in four hours."

During the dreadful wait, Amara was checked by all teachers to make sure the scorpion blood was gone. Finally, she was allowed to leave the room which she had inhabited for two days. 
"Thanks for taking great care of me, Madam Pomfrey," smiled Amara, graciously. 

"All in the days work." 

___

The sun was midway in its ascent. Its golden rays cascaded down through the arched windows of the Ravenclaw tower. Stares and whispers of passing students made Amara want to crawl under a rock. She didn't exactly look presentable after coming into close contact with scorpion blood. Her feet rushed as quickly as it could into her dorm room.

Thankfully, none of her friends were there, as they were in class. She stepped into the bathroom, welcoming its warmth. She removed the two-day-old clothes, disposing of it. She ran the water. The water surged from the pipe. Hot water wrapped her in a welcoming embrace.

Soon, she exited the bathroom. She changed into fresh clothes. She wanted to join classes right away, but her barren stomach told her to some food first. Perhaps she could see her friends at lunch. Grabbing her bookbag, she dashed down to the Great Hall.

___

Fred and George were both shocked and delighted to see Amara engulfing a bowl of pasta. It was as she was never poisoned. Her walnut eyes were trained on her food. Her array of messy curls hid her face. The twins exchanged questioning glances.

"Should we?" asked Fred, gesturing to the Ravenclaw.

After Camilla had sent them Amara's message to fuck off, George had lingering doubts about whether to speak to her. After George ignoring her and the scorpion blood incident, Amara must be pissed. As if hearing his thoughts, Amara's eyes met his. She shot him a withering look. 

"Wait. Not now. Her friends are coming..." 

Her group of comrades had entered the Great Hall. Their sullen expressions lit up. They ran to their friend, despite the judging from others. Mid-pasta bite, Amara was tackled lovingly. Camilla was the first one to attack her. 

George twisted in his seat, back turned towards the scene. He felt as he was using them as a source of entertainment. Regret seeped into his senses. Fred must have noticed his varying facial expression. He tapped his twin on the shoulder. "Aye, you want to do some pranking?"