4.

Amara did not tell Camilla she was right. She became friendly and less angry when Camilla brought out her psychological evaluations again. Camilla did not make any more accurate assumptions of Amara. Which made Amara's overthinking slow down.

The growing piles of homework loomed over them. It cast a depressing shadow over them with its endless questions. Not to mention the books which strained their eyes. Then, Camilla had come up with a suggestion for them to take a walk outside.

The air was chilly for late October. The Whomping Willow moved its branches around, threateningly. The sun was disappearing slowly, the sky turning brilliant shades of orange and pink. The pair of bestfriends stood, tired eyes gazing at it.

It was all serenity until a pair of giggling voices drew closer. Amara ignored it, chiding to herself to enjoy the moment. Chills traveled up her spine like it did when she had an instinct that something as wrong. She whipped around, wand out, whispering the immobilizing spell. A dungbomb was suspended in the air. The culprit's footsteps ran away.

When Amara vanished the dungbomb and dashed to see who it was. No one was there. Narrowing her eyes in suspicion, Camilla tapped her chin. She stepped towards the corridor where the footsteps had disappeared. "How strange."

Someone was after Amara and this sparked fear within. Who would want to poison and set dungbombs on her? Was it a random incident or planned? These questions paraded around her mind until she started flipping through the pages of her homework.

As morning arrived, Amara was slumped over her books in her bed. A horrible pain resided in her neck from her head resting on the end of the four-poster bed. The girl quickly changed into her robes, joining her friends at the Great Hall. 

"Camilla told us what happened," Rose said once Amara had settled into her seat. Camilla, who was half asleep, jumped at the mention of her name. She babbled a 'Good Morning'.

"What do you think?" asked Amara. 

Rose bit her lip and exchanged nervous looks with Gina. Gina shrugged.

"We have no idea what to do," Gina concluded before stuffing a mouthful of egg.

Fortunately, Amara had a brilliant idea in the steaming comforts of her shower. The girl's face erupted into an optimistic smile. Amara launched into a detailed explanation. She said looking for evidence in the targeted 'accidents' was pointless. They had to wait for the culprits to seek her out. This master plan was met with disapproving looks from Rose. However, Camilla and Gina called it genius.

"When should we start?" Camilla clapped her hands excitedly.

"This is mad," Rose stated, pointing her fork at Amara.

"We need to get started now! The person or people, who are after you, may strike again," said Gina.

"You simply cannot do this. They may attack you badly."

"We may need to use the Disillusionment spell."

After dismissing Rose's scrutiny of the absurdity of her plan and Camilla's and Gina's rapid-fire suggestions, Amara told them to meet her in the library. The anticipation of catching the mischief-doers kept Amara's morale high for the rest of the day.

Now, she was at her second class of the day, History of Magic, waiting for a certain redhead. She had not forgotten about her mission to apologize to George Weasley. The boy still regarded her with icy anger. He hadn't forgotten yet.

Camilla sighed.

"He might be the person behind your poisoning. Remember when I told you?" She said.