35.

No one knew why Amara Shacklebolt was angry.

When this started, they did not know. It was the twenty-fourth. The day of the second task. Everyone, apart from Amara, bounced with excitement just thinking of it.

The Black Lake glinted with the background of dreary clouds. On the boardwalk stood this tall construction of bleachers. People had to brave the stairs if they wanted to have a good view. Rose had suggested for them to sit on the second floor. It was a good idea as Camilla could not take so much walking.

Amara had chosen to sit next to Camilla. Despite the fact, she had no intention of chatting with her. The open book on her lap showed that. She had not spoken much to Camilla or the rest of their friend group. She just grumbled a not-so-good 'good morning' and never anything past that.

And it was not only today.

This grumpy Amara had been with them for a solid month! No one knew what to do. Camilla presumed it was because of the Weasley twins. Again. However, she had seen Amara hang out with them with no repulsion.

It could have been James. They have been in this weird fighting-or-no-longer-friends thing since Christmas. Amara did ask about James. A lot. She had multiple concerns about him. Camilla gladly took her questions and relayed it to James.

He, on the other hand, did not want to hear a mention of Amara.

To this, Camilla was angered. James could not have been in love with her, right? It was just infatuation. Unrequited pining. What did she do to make him like that? Gina did not know either when they discussed this very topic.

The champions arrived, this time in swimwear. Krum stretched, showcasing every Quidditch-earned muscle. Camilla tried not to swoon. Fleur came in all her beautiful-ness. Camilla sighed, watching Fleur tuck her blonde hair into a swim cap. Cedric took his place next to the other champions, wearing a yellow tank top and black swimming trunks. Harry came last, looking nervous as ever.

Nose stuck in her book, Amara did not notice the task was about to start. Her gaze slit over the black print. Her face was relaxed, yet tense at the same time. Her leg bounced.

"What are you reading there, Amara?" Camilla nudged her friend.

Looking up, Amara gave a wry grin. "Pride and Prejudice. I actually like it now."

Dazed, she stared down at the champions. Noticing the champions getting ready, she closed her book. She huddled closer to Camilla for warmth. Camilla saw this as a sign of an improving mood.

Dumbledore's voice boomed. He ordered for the spectators to settle down. Once the chatter died, he launched into an explanation of what the champions were supposed to do.

"Well, all our champions are ready for the second task, which will start on my whistle. They have precisely an hour to recover what has been taken from them."

Once he blew his whistle, the champions dove into the black water. Amara promptly picked up her book. Camilla shook her head, snatching the paperback from her friend. An irritated expression hardening her features, Amara's peered up.

"Yes, Camilla?"

"Well, hi? I miss you. We have not had the chance to talk at all," Camilla said leaning on Amara's shoulder.

A guilty look crossed over Amara's face. She nodded. Camilla took this golden opportunity to find out what was bothering her. Not in a direct way, of course. By the method where she used whatever information she had been given to find the truth.

Unfortunately, Amara did not speak about herself at all. Instead, she spoke about her time with the Weasley twins. Amara had been helping them design logos and business stuff Camilla could not register.