52.

The forever winding days of the Hospital Wing had ended. Amara was thrilled to join the world of the living. Not that the four days spent were for vain. She found that her strength returned rightly to her.

If this wasn't good news enough, there was more. Her visions had laid down its offenses. Following the last one, it didn't return. Did that mean she didn't have to worry about the dark object? The right answer wasn't clear so she took it as victory.

It was the evening leading to the weekend. In the corridors students dawdled, unaware of the concept of time. As she strode back to her dorm, she pondered about the secret admirer. They had somehow known an author she liked reading. Who would care that much to watch her read or peruse the shelves?

Not a name came to mind. She peered at one of the books she held. The 'admirer' had gifted her. Now, she wondered whether she had dismissed their identity too soon. Let's say she didn't know them; there was potential for a great friendship.

Someone who cared for her in this way shouldn't be swept aside. Amara wasn't one to take advantage of someone's kindness. For it wasn't that common. When she had befriended the twins, they had pranked her. Twice. One of the incidents being them accidentally spraying her scorpion blood. Kindness wasn't given easily.

Perhaps, it wasn't kindness. It could be love... Amara shook it off. To be honest, that stressed her out more than anything she faced so far. She thought someone having a crush on her would boost her ego. Now considering the past year, with two of her friends having fancied her, it made her anxious.

Imagine someone liking you and not liking them. She didn't have to imagine. It was her reality. Did George still like her? He must be. He had released the grudge only recently.

Her thoughts slammed on the brakes.

Camilla and Rose were scuttling towards her. Seemingly panicked. "Amara, you're here!" Rose exclaimed, a bit too breathy.

Merlin, Rose's acting was horrendous.

"Oh?" Amara's heartbeat slowed once she realized she was being pulled into a ruse. "What happened?"

Cue to the next bad actress. "Amara! You won't believe it! Athena brought a dead rat into our dorm and now," Camilla paused for effect. "Now we have blood everywhere."

A giggle slipped from Amara's lips before turning into a full on laugh. They were so bad at this. It was difficult to play along when the acting proved to be this convoluted.

Throwing her hands up, Camilla sighed.

"We can never surprise her!" Rose scrunched her nose, disappointed.

Amara grabbed Rose's hand.

"You can't surprise anyone," she laughed as she pushed their dorm's door open.

At the center of the room, a familiar silhouette sat on the floor. Athena curled up beside her. Everything became a blur as Amara dove at the person. Almost knocking the breath out of their lungs. "I can't believe you're here," Amara enveloped her friend in a bone-crushing hug.

"Yeah...Ca—" Gina heaved a breath, slapping at Amara's death grip. "—Let me go, please!"

Amara allowed her friend to escape her embrace. She stared at her friend. She had been gone merely a week and yet, she appeared to have changed. Her demeanor seemed so sober. Her face wore a watered down smirk. It didn't hold the same mischief and colour it had.

It didn't take a genius to tell that something had happened in Durmstrang.

"Are you okay?" she asked, making the rest of their friends exchange knowing expressions. It hadn't slipped their notice. "How did you get back?"