20.

The whole school was out in the courtyards. Amara was waiting at a perfect spot with her friends. Peter and Rose were sitting on the grass. Gina was tearing pieces of grass. James was judging Gina with a frown. Camilla was out of sight.

She had told Amara she was going to show up. Though, at the moment it did not seem like it. She had not seen much of her after yesterday's supper. Probably, Camilla and joined Sara's circle of friends.

James was there too. Yet with his stillness, one could peer past him like he was made of glass. He had joined Amara during breakfast. He sat and spoke about his classes. This lasted for seconds. The chatter then was replaced by a troubled expression.

Amara tried to beg James, telepathically, to confide in her. It did not work. Telepathy did not exist. Legilimens did. However, Amara did not have the gift. "Hey," she slung an arm around his shoulder.

He offered a feeble smile.

"Hi."

"Did you read the book I got?"

James' smile grew more genuine.

"I enjoyed it. I practiced some of the potions. There's one f—"

"Hello, 'Mara, dear!" A pair of voices sang, interrupting Amara's breakthrough.

Amara snapped her head towards them.

"Who gave you permission to call me a nickname?"

"You call me Georgie."

"Fine."

With a satisfied smile, George leaned back on the wall. Fred mirrored George, opposite of him. Amara's stomach dropped. She hoped George had not shared Amara's investigation with Fred. It was her business, after all.

"What do you want?" asked Amara.

Fred sighed. He placed his arm around Amara's neck. "The thing is...We wanted to know if you would change your mind..." Fred scrunched his nose like he disliked asking her again.

"Not now, Fred. Sorry."

Fred dismissed it with a shrug.

"We tried. C'mon Georgie. Let's get a good place to see the losers who will be competing with our school."

George grabbed his twin's arm. "Actually. I want to speak to Amara for a bit," He said. "It's about homework."

It was not about homework. Amara knew. As if George cared about homework. She excused herself from James. She and George located a less crowded spot. "What?" Amara groaned.

George beamed regardless of Amara's irritation. He reached into his book bag. He took out a rolled up parchment. It was empty. He glanced around before, muttering "I solemnly swear I am up to no good." Ink appeared, swirling into letters.

"This map again. It got us into trouble like six times, George."

"Wait."

Amara paused, staring at the map. George unrolled it. His eyes ran across the map, before enlarging. "Ah ha!" He declared. He tapped an area on the map. There it said, 'Library No. 2.'

"It has not changed so far. I know where its located. Wait for me in the Restricted Section at midnight. I will tap a desk two times to let you know. I'll do the same if you come earlier."

George's expression was unyielding confidence and might.

"I can't believe you still into this," Amara shook her head in disbelief.

"Weasleys keep their promises, Amara Shacklebolt."

Sounds of awe rippled through the courtyard. Amara and George turned their attention to the sky. A white, gleaming carriage, pulled by horses, flew over them. The Beauxbaton students had arrived.