1.

Amara Shacklebolt was quite a mystery which no one was interested in. Despite being a member of the esteemed Shacklebolt family, Amara never caught a shot in the spotlight. In fact, she hid in the shadow of everyone's favorite Slytherin Quidditch player; her sister, Madeline. In her fifth year, Amara vowed to be the person she always wanted to be: the smart, intelligent yet, reckless heroine in her countless novels she had read.

On a lazy summer morning, the Shacklebolt household was quiet. Only the sounds of birds chirping filled the silence. Rays of the sunlight poured from the windows of their small kitchen. Madeline, her sister sat in front of Amara, eating toast. Madeline reminded Amara of their mom. 

She had the same delicate face. Amara, on the other hand, took after their father; set jaw and round face. They only shared the same ebony skin. Amara sighed in content when a breeze flew through the window. Amara's kitten, Athena was curled next to her feet.

Heavy footsteps announced the arrival of their father, Zane Shacklebolt; a tall man, with dark skin and a smooth bald head. He bore a great resemblance to his older brother, Kingsley Shacklebolt. Like his brother,  Zane was an Auror. Amara was often worried about his safety. His large shape loomed over Athena, who greeted him with a small 'meow'. He unfolded the 'Daily Prophet' and sat down, taking in sips of tea. Leaning over, Amara read the headline:

SIRIUS BLACK'S COVERT ESCAPE FROM AZKABAN BAFFLES THE MINISTRY

"Tsk. Tsk. They are sending dementors to Hogwarts, you know..." He muttered, flipping the page, disgruntled. Amara and Madeline perked up.

"Dementors?" Madeline inquired.

"In Hogwarts? Aren't they the 'soul-sucking' monsters in Azkaban?" Amara asked.

 Once, Zane Shacklebolt had visited Azkaban to find about a criminal's whereabouts. He had returned feeling ill and had a horrible nightmare about his wife's death, their mother. He had told them how awful it was to endure their presence. 

As if he was a mind reader he said, "Remember the nightmares I had?", he shook the thought away. "Please do keep away from them!" He advised. Madeline and Amara vowed not to go near them.

A shape zoomed from the open kitchen window and dropped something on the kitchen table. It was a rather adorable tawny, baby owl. It flew with vigor around the kitchen, bumping into objects, before finding the way out. Madeline chuckled. She loved animals: she took Care of Magical Creatures for all her years at Hogwarts, meaning that she was not the typical Slytherin. A quality which Amara loved about her popular sister.

"Must be the supply list! I cannot believe this is my last year!" Madeline exclaimed, breaking the seal without care. Amara broke the seal with a nearby butter knife. Her father chuckled at Amara, who admired her work of getting the Hogwarts red seal without damaging it. The letter had a list of books she needs. 

"Girls. I say we go to Diagon Alley today and grab lunch?" Her father suggested, getting up from his chair.

"Caaan we leave a little later? I'm a bit lazy..." Madeline trailed off, slumping in her chair. "Don't you want to get so broom polish?" Amara reminded. Madeline's eyes lit up. Her dear sister obsessed with Quidditch and was considering it as a career option. Anything related to Quidditch was effective at motivating. Madeline got up, grinning.

"What are we waiting for? To Diagon Alley!" She declared.

 In an hour, the Shacklebolts were prim and proper, ready to visit the streets of Diagon Alley. They each took handfuls of Floo powder. Madeline was the first to go. She stood in the ashy chimney and yelled, "Diagon Alley", disappearing after.