19.

Amara almost fell asleep over her cereal bowl. Her head was pounding from the lack of sleep. She could not focus over five seconds. To make matters better, she had woken up ten minutes late.

She had shown up to the Great Hall with a crumpled up shirt, no tie and hair wilder than usual. Her friends were not supportive. Rose had clasped a hand over her mouth to stifle her laughter. Camilla was talking to Sara, yet did a double take when she greeted Amara. Gina was clutched her stomach. "You look awful. I didn't know you had that much homework to do?" Camilla snickered.

Groaning, she nodded. No homework would have made her this exhausted. Her midnight escapade was tiring. She was to only stay in the library for thirty minutes. It ended up lasting until sunrise. She sat down next to Gina who was in a fit of laughter. "Oh, fuck off," Amara told, but with a small grin.

She began inspecting the food. As she had come late, some lame cereal was left over. None of her favorite toast or chocolate spread. Grudgingly, she piled up the cereal in her bowl and poured milk. 'Stupid, stupid, stupid Weasley,' she thought to herself.

Her irritation led her to seek the person who kept her up all night. She loved to sleep, deeply. She would have at least gotten three hours. Yet, that asshole had to stick his nose in her business. Her eyes fell on the perpetrator.

As if detecting her glare, George turned around.

Even with his dark circles, he had an air of cheeriness. Certainly, his grin showed that. Most importantly, not craving sleep. His shoulder length red hair was greasy. She bet he skipped his shower. He winked at her.

The nerve.

How dare he wink at her. After yesterday? She should have hexed him and gone to sleep. Only for his insistent nature, she could not escape. She could not sleep in her lovely bed. Because of that...George Weasley. Git, she thought, bitter and sleep deprived.

___

"I'm sorry! Keep quiet, will you?" George was attempting to calm her down.

They were at the corner of the library, where the Restricted Section stood. Amara was having a fit. Her wand was still lit. She had not bothered to Nox. She jabbed it at his face. He had almost lost both his eyes.

He snatched the wand away.

"-You are so IRRITATING, George Weasley! Why did you do that?" Amara did not need a wand, she started punching his arm.

George knew of Amara's addiction to sweets. Somehow, she had gained enough muscle to hurt him. Any lower and she might have injured his ability to have children. Sorry Future Wife, he thought.

"Ow! Stop it! I said I'm sorry. I mean it," George yelped as the punching bruised a bit more. "Girl, you have quite the temp-Ouch!"

Snatching the wand back, Amara growled. "You should have known better. Why you all up in my business?" Amara folded her arms. The wand light made her face scarier. George gulped. George should run. George should have never done this.

"I thought we're friends! I wanted to see what you were doing!" scowled George. "Not doing that ever again."

"Well. Go away. Get lost, Weasley!" Amara exclaimed. Pure annoyance was written all over her face. Her hair was not dyed navy or green (like it had been at the Quidditch Cup) anymore, it was pink. Dark pink. It made her look a bit more mad than usual. Mad in a pretty way, George observed. Still, borderline mad.

George, firmly, anchored himself to the spot. Amara's eyes narrowed, expecting him to give up. She tipped her chin up, challenging. Unfortunately for her, George had that Weasley stubbornness. He shook his head. If they were actually friends, he would have to be nosey.