➪4. 𝙍𝘼𝘾𝙀 𝘼𝙂𝘼𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙏 𝙎𝙃𝘼𝘿𝙊𝙒

—— In the deep and complex world of skating, people would challenge one another to competitions, beefs, and races to rise above from the others

—— In the deep and complex world of skating, people would challenge one another to competitions, beefs, and races to rise above from the others. To attract the attention of the audience, it is essential enchant them enough so they root for you. These are the elements for a skater to become well-known.

That split second decision y/n had made to race against one of the most feared competitors in S became a gossip among the audience, while waiting for the racers to get ready at the starting line.

"Haha, I just might go easy on you, kid. Rookies like you need to be spared." Shadow mocked y/n.

"I think I might be the one to spare you. After all, the elderly gets all the priorities." Y/n fired a witty comeback.

"I'M 24, FOR GOD'S SAKE! I'M STILL A YOUTHFUL HUMAN!" Shadow said back angrily.

"Shadow, we both know you're certainly not a youth." A voice boomed out.

Turning around, y/n could see a man with long pink silky hair, riding on a futuristic-looking skateboard, glowing a pink hue.

"C-cherry blossom?! You're here today?" Shadow sputtered, looking at the unexpected guest.

"I'm here too, you know. Cherry is stealing my attention." Said another voice, coming from behind Cherry Blossom.

It was a muscular tanned man, with a dark forest green shade of hair colour. He wore a smug smile on his face, looking at the both of you. Y/n couldn't help but look at his huge muscles.

"Who're you guys?" Y/n asked, a bit confused.

"HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THEM?! THAT'S CHERRY BLOSSOM AND JOE, THEY ARE SOME OF THE FOUNDERS OF S!" Shadow cried, surprised at y/n's lack of knowledge.

"I wonder if they know dad? I'll ask them later or something." Y/n thought to herself.

"No need to shout, Shadow. What's your name, rookie?" Cherry asked y/n.

"My name is Neon. I assure you that I'm not a rookie, I've just never skated at S before, that's all."

"A skating alias huh, Neon. I feel like I've heard your name before." Joe trailed off.

"I've won the New York City skating tournament 3 times in a row, maybe you've seen videos on me from the internet?" Y/n asked the man.

"Ah of course, you're American. That tournament is one of the top 100 skating tournaments in the United States. Although that is nothing like here at S." Cherry said to y/n.