➪7. 𝘿𝙀𝙎𝙋𝘼𝙄𝙍 & 𝙈𝙄𝙎𝙀𝙍𝙔.

——— The night was approaching, as the clock was close to striking midnight

——— The night was approaching, as the clock was close to striking midnight. Y/n knew going out late on a school night was a terrible idea, especially since she had gotten in trouble from falling asleep in class, which lead to this whole fiasco anyway.

Even though this was going to take a toll on her energy, y/n insisted on going to S tonight. She missed the exhilarating moments there, like watching skaters pull their best tricks against each other in a race in the abandoned mines. Y/n knew how exciting it was, since she had raced against Shadow before.

Seems like Shadow had made another beef tonight. It was typical of him to start so many beefs. He loved picking on skaters and beating them at it. They didn't call him the anti-hero for nothing.

"...yeah! I ordered that skateboard just dedicated to you, baby! The delivery guy's kind of late, they better get it here before my beef starts!"

Y/n glanced at the speaker. He was a muscular man, and it's clear that he was going to be the one skating the beef against Shadow.

She looked around, trying to find either Reki or Langa, but it seemed they were nowhere to be seen.

The familiar feeling of loneliness slowly seeped its way to y/n. She hated it. Y/n despised this sentiment ever since she had met friends who made her feel like she belonged to a place. A family.

She could remember how much time she spent alone in her apartment back in the US. During the day, she'd go to school putting in minimum effort into her work, and she'd spend the nights by herself pondering about many things.

The nights y/n spent looking at the New York City skyline had her wishing she could have a different life. A life where she would have friends, parents, and someone to stick by her side.

It was at this moment y/n realized how much she missed Miya. Even though it had been a little bit over 9 hours since she had any form of communication with him, y/n would always bug him every hour with a text message. Their best friend dynamic had taken a bit of a turn.

"Langa! What were you thinking?! That's so dangerous!" A voice yelled out from the crowd.

"I've been so deep in thought that I didn't realize Reki and Langa are here already!"

"Reki, you're injured. It's best if I race instead of you." Langa said.

Y/n jogged up to the teenage boys. Langa was sitting on the ground attempting to duct tape his feet to a worn out skateboard, while Reki was somewhat lecturing him.

"Langa? What are you doing?!" Y/n asked, confused about the situation.

"This idiot grabbed the wrong board and the customer demanded that Reki race instead of him. I volunteered to go in Reki's place since his arm is injured and all." Langa explained.