➪19. ...𝙏𝙍𝙐𝙇𝙔

———"Tadashi, why are you calling me? It's 5 am in New York right now!" A voice said into the telephone

The man in the red cap is on the other end, calling from a phone booth.

"Look, I'm under Adam's orders to keep an eye on your daughter. And I have a request for you."

"You usually don't speak out much, Tadashi. I'm quite surprised, so I'll hear you out."

"I want you to tell Adam that he doesn't have y/n's temporary custody anymore."

"And why should I do that?"

"Because he's going to ruin her life, sir. Don't you understand that by practically handing your own daughter to someone as insane as Adam is going to permanently damage her? I've seen the way she is now, she's made friends, and she's finally happy. Yet, it's all going away soon."

"Tadashi, this doesn't concern you. She is my daughter, not yours. I can get her to do whatever I want, including using her to get a good business deal with Adam."

"You're seriously thinking your business is more important than your daughter? Y/n doesn't deserve this, I'm going to tell her everything you have planned. As your former skating friend, I'm telling you to stop."

"You see, this is where you're wrong. My business is for her own sake. By not telling her anything, she wouldn't be able to object to anything we're doing to her right now. But when she finds out when she's older, y/n will understand it's good for her."

"This is for your own personal greed, Mr. L/n. I'm going to tell her your wicked plan."

"Really? Then do you want me to tell Adam that you've gone behind his back when insisted on ruining his most important business deal? Do you know what will happen to a mere dog like you?"

The man in the red cap just stayed silent. He wouldn't dare to get under Adam's skin. At least not for now anyways.

"You've gone all silent, Tadashi. Our old skating days are over, can't you see that the moment Adam became all alone, everything fell apart? Kojiro and Kaoru are probably off somewhere doing something useless, and my wife passed away. And you, Tadashi, you ended up as Adam's underling."

Tadashi just listened, he couldn't find the right words to reply back to him.

"You'll suffer the consequences eventually." He hung up the phone inside the booth.

The dark haired man let out sigh, as he walked out of the booth, and made his way back to the Shindo mansion.

He couldn't let Adam find out what he was plotting.