➪27. 𝘼𝘽𝙍𝘼𝘾𝘼𝘿𝘼𝘽𝙍𝘼

—"You must be pretty confused right now, but don't worry, I'll explain everything once you come with me

"You must be pretty confused right now, but don't worry, I'll explain everything once you come with me."

"Dad, you made me miss out on my S race. This better be good. And why didn't you tell me you left New York?" Y/n asked, frustrated at the lack of information she was given.

"Again, I'll explain everything once you come with me." Her father replied.

Y/n could only agree as she followed her father.

If only her father wasn't being so mysterious and suspicious, then y/n would have been overjoyed to see him. She would have embraced him into a warm hug.

But things were different now.

There was a side to her father that wants to be kept hidden.

"Your father and Adam are the same type of people. Be careful, y/n." Tadashi had said to her.

"Where are we going?" Y/n asked.

"To Ainosuke Shindo's mansion."

Her eyes widened at his reply. What were they going to do at Adam's home out of all places? That was probably one of the last places she'd want to be in.

The two got in a taxi, as they sped off uphill to the Shindo properties. There was an awkward silence between the father and daughter. Y/n would be on her phone playing games, but her father had confiscated it upon meeting him.

"Can I text a friend to let him know I'm not at S anymore?" Y/n spoke up.

"Don't worry, I already handled it. It seems like you got yourself a boyfriend while I left you alone."

Y/n shifted uncomfortably in her seat in the car. She did not want to deal with this matter, especially with her father.

After a few minutes, they finally arrived at the front gates of the Shindo mansion. The two got out, as they walked inside the house.

"I've been staying over here for the past week. I'm lucky that Adam's aunts approve of me since I'm partnering up with his political business." Y/n's father said.

They arrived at the front door, and (father name) tapped in a code to the panel beside the door. The big front doors standing at a good height of 10ft, swung open.

A familiar scene played out in front of y/n's eyes, getting déjà vu back when Adam had invited her for tea. A shiver went down her spine, remembering how nerve-wracking that experience was.