➪17. 𝙈𝙄𝙎𝘾𝙊𝙉𝘾𝙀𝙋𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉

———The group was now on the ferry, which was on its way to their weekend getaway

They were out on deck, leaning against the railing and admiring the sounds and scenery of the ocean. Langa and Reki were having a conversation, while Shadow was probably daydreaming about his flower shop. Miya was on his Nintendo Switch, the lively tunes of Animal Crossing played softly in the background.

Y/n just stood as far away from Miya as possible.

Usually, y/n would be begging for a turn to play on Miya's Switch, but today said so otherwise. Reki and Langa took notice, and thought something was definitely off.

Like the good big bros they were in the "squad", obviously they took the matter into their own hands to fix this problem.

"How many times are they gonna fight or have something awkward happen to them?!" Reki whisper shouted at Langa.

"I don't know, middle schoolers are weird that way. Maybe you can talk to y/n, and I can talk to Miya." Langa whispered back.

The red head nodded at Langa in response, before walking towards y/n, while Langa walked over to Miya.

Honestly, anyone who was paying attention to Reki and Langa could probably guess they were gossiping about Miya and y/n, but it was fortunate that no one really took notice.

"Hey y/n, you look a bit down, what's up?" Reki asked y/n with a sympathetic look in his eyes.

"It's nothing important..."

"Yes it is, because there's clearly a reason why you look so dead. And I'm 99% sure it has something to do with Miya."

"How did he know? Is Reki a psychic?" Y/n thought to herself.

"I'm taking your silence as a yes, and you're probably asking yourself: how did Reki figure it out?" Reki said to her.

"He did it again! He read my mind!"

"Any person who carefully analyzes a person's body language and behaviour will know right away what's happening. It's just basic human psychology. School's making me learn all this unnecessary stuff." Reki sighed, thinking about the amount of homework he had left unfinished.

"Then you should probably know I'm terrible at reading people. Do you think you can teach me?" Y/n asked him, with a tint of hope in her eyes.

Maybe it was because that her conflicts with Miya was because of her not being aware of how he truly felt.

"Sure, you wanna read Miya right?"

"Yeah..." Y/n mumbled.

"It's simple, really. Look closely at his stance." Reki said to y/n, as they looked over to Miya, who was currently chatting with Langa.