2. Strange Visitor

"What's going on outside?" Angelina asked Monsieur Roux, who was busy adding golden flakes across a sheet of tempered chocolate. Any other day, she would be trying to sneak a few bites into her mouth, but she was distracted with the commotion outside.

"I don't know and don't care. Can you pass me the other pair of tweezers? These things keep sticking."

She cast a silent look at Monsieur Roux, envious that he gave less than two shits about everything around him. Angelina passed the tweezers from the drawer and tried to get a glimpse outside, but Monsieur Roux nudged her with his scrawny elbow, "Ma fille, if you keep trying to dip your hair into my newly made macaroons, I'm going to have you kicked out of my kitchen."

Properly scolded, Angelina floated to the array of desserts set behind the display glasses.

Each macaron was perfectly made and shiny under the light glow in the glass cases. Le Sucre was popular among the people here in town, to the point that all the desserts were gone when the boulangerie closed at six in the evening.

It was a true testament to Monsieur Roux's dedication to his lovely sweets.

The door in front of the store opened, and a shifter came into view. Tall, fair-haired with a pair of caramel hued eyes.

Angelina hid her surprise as she breathed in his scent.

He was a shifter, part of the Silver Dawn Pack.

Part of Mason Ward's Pack.

Displeasure rippled down her spine.

Her mind was still lingering on the conversation she had with Rosie.

Dominance wafted off his being as his boots clicked loudly against the shiny tiles she had just finished mopping. He was donned in camo, with a grey hoodie stretched over his torso that didn't do zilch to hide his toned body.

The non-shifters outside stared after him, almost gluing themselves to the door. They stared their fill until they jerked back with confusion, blinking at a loss.

Most shifters had that impact on the non-shifters. It was as if shifters bore some kind of mark that made them seem ethereal.

Angelina was convinced that eighty percent of the time, non-shifters only stared because they were attracted to the beauty only a shifter could possess. When she meant beauty, it could be their face, their aura, the pure dominance the shifter radiated... the list was abundant. Non-shifters weren't immune aside from Monsieur Roux, who scurried around the kitchen, checking the sweets he had just finished glazing.

But this man attracted attention because of the pure beauty he wore like second skin.

Assessing the little smirk at the end of his lip, she knew he was well aware of the attention he garnered.

When his gaze lifted, Madame Roux gasped in delight. With a hand to her chest, she approached the counter, caught up in his male beauty. "What can I help you with, Sir?"

Oh no, she was pulling out the Sir.

Monsieur Roux glanced up from his work and eyed the man before he returned back to the golden flakes, uninterested.

Angelina almost laughed. Of course, Monsieur Roux would be the only non-shifter to not care. It didn't even bother him that his own wife was gawking at the stranger.

It shouldn't have surprised Angelina as much considering Monsieur Roux had never given her an inkling of curiosity when she first met him. Madame Roux's first words to her when she stumbled inside were, 'Oh wow, you're a stunning little thing.'