20. Deal Or No Deal

Angelina jolted from bed as loud, brisk steps approached her room.

After she and Riley returned, Mason had been out. She was disappointed he hadn't been the first face she saw. She regretted their last encounter. She knew she was difficult and her wolf often castigated her for it.

She hadn't even realised that she had managed to fall asleep. She remembered briefly changing into a sleep shirt but other than that, her memories were scattered.

The door slammed open with a gust of wind barrelling into her room. She blinked, trying to make sense of the two figures standing in the frame of the door. The light suddenly was switched on. Her eyes stung from the piercing light. Someone ripped the blankets from her body and the icy air chilled her skin. The sleep shirt and pair of panties she had donned earlier seemed like a terrible decision considering it did nothing for her right now. She didn't have time to speak because she was slammed hard up against the wall, her back thumping against it as air left her lungs in a pained woosh.

A hand squeezed her neck.

She momentarily cursed herself for getting too comfortable. This wasn't the Roux's place where she could just sleep in peace. She had gotten too relaxed in enemy territory. She blamed the Alpha for it. And herself. She shouldn't have given him an inch of her trust. It was a good reminder that she had softened too much.

Despite the lack of oxygen, she did her best to remain calm when all she wanted to do was rage. Her wolf was at the surface, waiting, fucking preening to be released and handle the person choking her. She was reminded that her wolf couldn't be caged for too long. The iron bars of her animal's metaphorical cage were bending under pressure as her wolf seethed, demanding to surface completely.

Her blurred vision settled on burning, hazel eyes glowering with disgust.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She wheezed, gripping his fist hard as she dug her nails into his skin. She instantly smelt the blood where her nails pierced him.

He held her by the neck for another second before he released her as if she disgusted him. She could've been a piece of discarded trash from the way he treated her. He took a step away from her, fuming silently but she hadn't missed the flicker of regret in his gaze as it flicked to her neck. She barely caught herself but she managed to swing her fist out, landing a punch to his eye. His head jerked back from the power behind it. He may have seen the attack coming, because he would've been able to dodge it but he didn't. He simply brushed his fingers over his injured eye, flexing his jaw.

Angelina pulled in a long, big breath, rubbing the hot ring of hurt around her neck. It would leave a mark.

"What the fuck?" Casper made a move to aid the Alpha but Mason held out his hand, using his other to feel the corner of his bruising eye.

She felt a little bad for landing the blow. In all honestly, she assumed he would dodge her attack. She didn't want to think that he had intentionally stood there and saw her fist coming.

"Are you going to explain why the fuck you just entered this room and held me by the neck against this wall?!" She demanded once she righted herself properly.

"Why are you really here?" He asked so quietly, she struggled to hear his words over her racing heart and loud breathing.

When she didn't answer fast enough, he stormed towards her, caging her with his body against the wall until all she could see was his tense jaw and stormy eyes. He didn't make another move for her neck. "I want to know what fucking games you're playing with my Pack!" He demanded. Her ears rang from the volume. "You and your Alpha have crossed the wrong people Angelina. It's time for you to confess. Now."