41. Red Hot

Mason

After the dream he'd had, Mason repelled sleep.

For a split second, he'd imagined that he'd seen Angelina standing over him. However, her expression had unnerved him. She'd just been in front of him, watching him with those clear green eyes he could memorise by heart. He had tried to reach for her but his hand only kissed nothing but cold air.

Whether it was a dream or a shard of his imagination, he could no longer keep his eyes closed for the rest of the night.

He'd come into Angelina's room to seek peace and maybe even a wink of sleep. He needed sleep and it frustrated him to no end that despite how many things he had whirling around his mind to do, his body could only do so much before it flamed out. He knew he wouldn't be able to find sleep in his own room, so he sought out Angelina's quarters. Her scent still lingered the air. He breathed her fresh fragrance into his soul and tumbled into her sheets, where her scent was more potent. He crushed his arms around her pillow and closed his eyes, willing himself and his wolf to be at peace. He'd surprised himself when he realised that he'd been asleep for a while.

It was already early hours in the morning. In a few hours, the birds would start singing.

For a few long seconds, Mason studied the ceiling. There were traces of unchecked mould that was beginning to form near the edges. He added the task to his mental list of things to complete.

Casper and Angelina should be on their way back.

His wolf had been unsettled but he had managed to ease his animal's worries. 

Mason slowly slid off the bed. 

His knees buckled when his toes slid along the carpet. 

He didn't know how longer he could keep his wolf tamed. 

His animal had been drowning in worries but that wasn't the only thing that concerned Mason. His wolf had become more obsessive with Angelina, to the point, he could only think about spreading her thighs and delving his head to taste her sweetness. If he thought hard enough, he could still taste her. He'd cursed himself that he'd been half out of his mind when he first got a taste of her on his tongue. Now, he could think about nothing else but spreading her across his bed and taking his time with her. 

He'd use his lips, his hands, his tongue, his coc-

Fuck! He was losing his mind. 

His dick was hard, throbbing for a touch from a particular dark haired woman with captivating, green eyes. He needed a cold shower- no, he needed to soak himself into a cold bath. 

Determined, Mason treaded to the bathroom adjoined to the room and filled the tub with only cold water. His body shrivelled from the idea of soaking in the liquid but he needed it to keep his wolf at bay. 

"Easy wolf. We need to be careful." Mason told himself as he stripped his clothes and sank into the cold water. His body jerked from the sudden shift of temperature but he clenched his jaw and sank deeper until the water covered half of his chin. He let the edge of the bathtub perch the back of his head. 

Mason prided himself in having control over his wolf. He'd been in the Armed Legions. He was raised disciplined but it seemed like all the rules and standards he'd held against himself were slowly unravelling at his feet. 

Mason squeezed the edge of the tub. 

He couldn't scare his woman off simply because he couldn't control his dick. 

He knew Angelina was still hesitant to initiate skinship between them. He also knew she was a type of a woman who'd seek out a man if she had needs. Men crawled to her. He wanted to slit every single throat of every man she'd taken to bed. Angelina never disclosed her bed partners but he knew with a certainty that she'd taken men. A woman like Angelina was any man's wet dream come to life.