46. Eris

Something dark curdled in Angelina's stomach as May's words infiltrated her thoughts.

Something warm cupped the back of her head. It slid along the nape of her neck, holding her gently. She scented Mason as he brushed his thumb against her fluttering pulse.

"Speak to me." Mason's voice curled around her like an embrace.

Angelina watched as Eris loitered near the border of her Pack. He stood there with only Nyx at his back. Usually, Roman would've been there too, standing alongside Eris but the man was no longer a part of Eris's trusted men. In fact, Angelina wasn't too certain whether there was an individual that Eris trusted wholeheartedly. Arabella may have been that for Eris, but her mother was a deceptive bitch who smirked anyone dead in the eye if they so much as gave her an inkling of their weakness.

"He had something to do with May's disappearance." Angelina forced the words through her lips.

She felt Mason's fingers tense at her neck as silence lingered.

"I'll kill him." Mason whispered as he returned to gently stroking the skin over her pulse.

"I'll kill him." Angelina promised.

"No. He's mine." Evie snarled. "He's probably the reason why Jack and I were taken in the first place. It would make sense."

Angelina had forgotten her sister was there. Evie overheard Drake and Casper talk. It didn't take long for her to find them. She could feel her sister's fury as she stormed across the field and approached the barrier that kept Eris from looking into the Silver Dawn Pack. It was also the only thing keeping the man safe.

Mason signalled the two men near the borders to clear the space as Evie halted in front of the barrier, watching their former Alpha.

"Let her pass." Mason spoke into the wind as he and Angelina made their way across the field.

The men cleared the way, allowing the barrier to quiver. Evie crossed first. Angelina and Mason trailed after the teen.

Angelina knew the barrier was back in place when she felt a flurry of wind brush against her cheek.

Eris clocked on her first, despite Evie's initial appearance. His gaze looked her over once before they darted to Mason who stood on her right. Mason was unreadable as he stood tall, watching Eris with an eerie stillness that would've made any man uncomfortable. Angelina could see that Eris was affected since he couldn't hold Mason's gaze long enough. She also knew Mason was amused by the man's discomfort.

"What brings you here?" Mason asked.

"I've come to collect my Pack members."

"Oh?" Mason raised a brow.

"My Beta and my heir."

"Oh, no way." Mason drawled as he languidly rubbed his chin.

Angelina bit her lip. Her mate was not a good actor. It also seemed like Eris was losing patience. Eris sought her gaze, holding it. "I know they're here. It's the only place I know they would seek refuge."

"Interesting choice of words there. Refuge? Now, why would they be seeking refuge in the first place Eris?"

"Is it not proper for an Alpha to hand out punishment for disobedience? Was I not in the right for executing justice?"

"You piece of shit." Evie muttered. "You're not even in the same league as Mason. You're no real Alpha."

Eris took a step forward, fisting his hands. "Excuse me? You seem to forget what Pack you belong to."