31. Piece of Me

Angelina blinked, aware of the heavy arm draped across her hips. She moved. The body behind her shifted too as she sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

Outside, the moon still beamed full and bright. The alarm clock on the bedside table indicated that it was midnight.

She no longer craved sleep. Beside her, Mason still slumbered. He looked uncomfortable with one of his arms thrown over her thigh now, while the other was bent and used as his own personal bicep pillow. He was on his side, while his legs remained tangled with hers and his ridiculous fur blankets.

They were so freakishly soft, she was tempted to steal one.

Her bladder protested too much for her to remain in bed, buried in Mason's body heat. She was warm and the first graze of cool air on her feet made her shiver. Mason's arm flopped off from her as she carefully slid from the bed, careful not to wake him up.

Angelina was pleasantly surprised by how big Mason's bathroom was. It was wide with black tiles and two shower heads protruding from one wall. There was no glass door or cubicle for it. It was just an open space with a cubbyhole filled with bodywash and hair products. She spotted his shaver and other minuscule items neatly placed in the space.

There were three towel racks just beside the hexagon mirror. Below, sat a deep, stone sink with matte black taps. A stool was placed to the side with a little indoor pot plant that resembled a fern.

Angelina suddenly had the urge to try the shower. She ducked her head out to see that Mason was now sprawled on his back, one arm flung across his belly and the other dangling off the edge of the bed. She watched him for a few seconds before she closed the door behind her and began to undress.

Surely Mason would allow her to use his shower. Any traces of sleep had long abandoned her.

She activated the rain of droplets by turning the brass lever. The water came instantly, steaming up the room and fogging up the large mirror. She closed her eyes and relished the heat against her body. It felt fantastic. She tried not to feel too guilty taking a dollop of body wash, rubbing it into her skin. She also used a squirt of his shampoo and conditioner in her hair. It smelt divine as the rich scent of citrus and sandalwood permeated the air.

Angelina remained under the shower water until she felt as if she would wrinkle up like raisin. She switched off the water and realised that the bathroom now resembled a sauna. She blindly reached for the switch to turn on the fan. It activated, making a whirring sound.

She grabbed one of the dark green towels from the dark rungs and wrapped it around her body, soaking up the water. Her skin was bright and taut. She rubbed a hand over the mirror, catching a glimpse of her face. The heat of the water had made her cheeks pink. Her hair unfortunately was a mess of dark locks. She took another towel and pat her damp tresses with it.

The sound of the fan kept her company until she almost jumped out of her skin when she heard a knock at the bathroom door.

"Angelina?" Mason's voice definitely had remnants of sleep in it.

She straightened, clearing her throat. "Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just took a shower."

A pause. "Come back to me when you're done." He said finally, through the door.

When she heard his footsteps depart, she dried the rest of her body. She used some of his toothpaste and spread it along her teeth with her finger.

She just twisted the knob when she realised her dilemma.

She had no clean clothes to wear. Her newly stripped clothes were wet from the shower and she only had a towel to keep her modest.