29. Speak Up

"Doing okay?" Mason asked.

It had been two longs days.

As soon as they had retrieved Evie, she rang up Rosie.

Their conversation still played freshly in her mind.

"You found her? Oh thank the Goddess." Rosie cried. Sniffles shortly followed her sobs. "When will you bring her back?"

Angelina hesitated but gave a reply. "It's up to Evie if she wants to return. However, I won't be encouraging her to go. She's safer here where I can protect her." It was a decision she made as she quietly watched over Evie sleeping peacefully upon her mattress. There was no way she would tell Evie to return to Eris.

"What do you mean by that? Do you mean you're going to just stay with the Silver Dawn Pack? With Evie?! How about me?"

Angelina blinked, caught off-guard by Rosie's tone. "What about you?" She asked carefully into the phone.

"Eris is going to hurt me or my baby if she doesn't come back."

Angelina stared blankly at her phone.

Did Rosie not hear the part where Evie was safer away from Eris?

"I think I misheard you Rosie." She evened her tone. "I called to inform you that your little sister has been found and that she's safe. She is safer here too."

"I heard you the first time but if Evie doesn't come back, my baby-"

"You can join us here."

Angelina heard the incredulous silence from the other end of the line.

She could only imagine that Rosie was struggling to find a response. It was rare when Angelina was short with her. Evidently, Rosie hadn't expected her words would warrant such a response.

"Some things have changed Rosie. It's safe here. I'll try and get you here safely. If we stay here, we'll be far away from Eris. There is no need to stay there with him anymore."

Silence met her ears.

"No. No. No." Rosie sounded as if she was trying to catch her breath. "He'll kill me! He'll kill Roman-" Her voice suddenly hitched.

"I already know about Roman. I know he's the father of your child Rosie."

"H-how?"

"Does it matter Rosie? What's important is that Evie is safe and I can get you safely away with Roman if you'd like. I have a plan." It was a plan she had calculated several hours ago as she sat beside Evie while she continued to sleep. "There are a few things I need to cement. I'll get in touch as soon as I know for certain that all the loose ends have been tied. Do you trust me Rosie?"

Rosie didn't speak for several long seconds.

Angelina waited, hearing the clock tick loudly in the background.

"I trust you Angie. I really do. I'm just scared. I don't know how Roman will act when he finds out. I fear for my baby too Angie. What if Eris does something? You know he's an unpredictable man."

"Leave Eris to me. Just trust me. I'll give you a call when everything is ready."

"Oh Angie, how are you always the one to fix everything up? I'm the big sister."

Angelina sensed movement to her left. Mason had just entered the room, leaning against the door.

"Angie, you still there?"