19. Don't fool me

Things were still shaky with Mason as she left the Pack grounds with Riley as her companion. It had been a few days since she last caught sight of him. She was tempted to ask of his whereabouts but it was none of her business.

     Mason was aware that she was meeting Leo. He agreed that there would be no harm done if she was to see him. They both were suspicious of the man. Hence, Riley was assigned to follow her. Dani would've assisted but Mason needed her for the training lessons they were going to teach the young ones.

     She and Riley were both sporting floor length gowns of lavish silk that felt like clouds against her freshly waxed skin. Angelina had opted for an emerald sheath that delicately flaunted her bust and hips. The cut reminded her of Greek goddesses- long, wispy, and elegantly bunched at the hips. The piece wasn't overly obnoxious which made her like it even more.

     Riley had swapped her combat attire for a shimmering red dress with a low v-cut that enhanced her plump breasts. She added glitter to the exposed skin, drawing attention there. Heck, Angelina herself had found herself staring at her boobs the moment Riley descended the stairs to meet her at the front door. Dani and Casper had been there, whistling as their attention dipped to the woman's creamy skin.

     When they got to a certain point, Riley motioned to the blind fold sitting on the console between them. Angelina wordlessly picked up the thick material and wove it over her eyes, sitting back into the rumbling Jeep that took them over the rough terrain. She was used to the secrecy of the Silver Dawn Pack and their need to keep it safe from outsiders.

     Riley made no small talk, distracted by her own thoughts. Angelina was grateful for the reprieve. She wasn't in the mood to talk.

     She was meeting Leo at the address he sent.

     Drake had already gone to the location to scout it, finding nothing of concern when he reported his findings.

     It was just a charity ball.

     Apparently Leo supported the cause of helping endangered animals. It was random and something that raised suspicion in Angelina.

     Once they were in the clearing, Riley took the blindfold and continued to drive in silence.

***

     The hall was big and overly adorned with slim sheets of white fabrics draping off the walls and twirling over the thick, looming pillars. Tables lined the outskirts of the place as the middle was saved for those in the mood to dance. There was a low dais in the middle of the room, with a quartet playing a wistful tune on their instruments.

     She had been mesmerised by the performance and the amount of people filling the place.

     Leo had greeted her at the entrance, wearing a dark blue tux and polished dress shoes that clicked when he ambled across the floor. He had opted for a bow tie rather than a slim tie. His beard had been trimmed from the last time she had seen him and his frosty cerulean eyes still sent waves of cold through her skin. She had to train herself not to flinch when his hand spread across her lower back, leading her through the crowd.

     At some point, he had left to greet other guests who seemed to crowd around him with awe. She had barely noticed his absence. He felt wrong and his touch made her shudder in disgust when he wasn't close.

     Angelina rounded the room, spotting a board full of animal pictures near the dessert spread. It towered over her as she examined the little polaroids of a Black Rhino, Giant Tortoise, Forest Elephant, Blue Whale...all endangered species from the looks of it. Her gaze drew to the small image of a Red Panda with thin leaves dangling from its tiny jaw. There was something about the picture that made her heart ache.