2. Daughter of Summer

Summer had arrived after a long spring in Obelia. The small village of Almaya at the border of the Empire was first to experience its miracle. Forest grew bright with vibrant new leaves and the chirping of birds grew louder. The sweet scent of flowers spread across the meadows of the small village.

Within the shimmering heat, a new life was born in the cottage hidden within the vibrant forest.

"Wahhh!!"

The cries of baby broke through the tranquility of the forest and joined in with the chirping of birds and insects.

Gentle humming of lullaby echoed soon after and the cries slowly died down.

Was it all a dream?

You wondered as you looked at your tiny limbs and then at the person who was gently rocking you.

You had become a baby.

Unbelievable.

The memory of the strange events lingered lightly and your eyes trembled.

That crazy lady, did she murder you?!

"My beautiful, brave child..."

A tender voice softly spoke out and a warm kiss was placed on your forehead and your attention returned to the unfamiliar person.

You took a moment to look at the lady smiling down at you. Her brown hair was matted, and her forehead drenched in sweat. She looked exhausted yet blissful.

Her hazel eyes gently quivered as she stared at you.

You never saw eyes of that shade. They reminded you of autumn leaves. And terrifyingly the crazy lady who was behind the nightmarish situation; though her eyes were shade of odd purple like poison.

"My brave child," She whispered again and again as she rocked you. Her hands were trembling and her eyes filled with tears. "Thank goodness you made it through. I was so scared. What if...no no. I should be glad. Welcome to the world, my brave girl."

You stared at her blankly. Reality was yet to sink as you desparately tried to deny it.

"My sweet beautiful child," She gently rocked you and tenderly touched your tiny nose in awe. She started to cry, her quiet tears falling on your cheeks as she tenderly brushed her lips over your face.

Your heart jumped and you were taken back by her tears.

Her wide smile softened. Her eyes wondered over your face as if taking every small detail in and burning it in her memories.

"My brave baby, my (Y/N)," She softly whispered. "A beautiful name befitting a brave child. Even though it was difficult, you made it through. My little warrior."

You blinked your big eyes. That was your name. Your 'past' name.

You shuddered at the strange coincidence.

"Not a second passed since I left and you're already moving. What did I tell you, Nora?" A stern, scratchy voice caught your attention.

Nora turned towards the source of the voice sheepishly.

"I wanted to hold my child, Iseka."

The middle aged lady sighed. She brushed back her her gray hair from her forehead and shook her head.

The lady stopped before Nora and stared at you with narrowed eyes.

"This cute little thing is quite ugly," she said with a pleased look.

You stared at her with judgemental eyes. That doesn't even make sense...?

Nora frowned and pulled you closer. "How can you call her ugly? Look at her big eyes, her tiny nose, her chubby cheeks. My baby is beautiful!"