38. I Believe You

Your head was leaned against the wall as your peered outside the window, eyes glazed over with deep thoughts so it took a while to notice the change outside.

Grey clouds were gathering around, blocking away the sun while the azure sky was obscured by smokey screen.

"A storm is coming." You murmured as you squinted at the drastic change of weather, feeling a sense of foreboding like a stone in your stomach.

It's been hours since Claude fell asleep. Once in a while he would groan in discomfort like he was having a bad dream and in turn you'd stroke his cheeks to ease his discomfort.

Your eyes stared at the sleeping Claude who moved a bit. His brows were creased as his eyelids twitched. He seem to be waking up.

Long lashes fluttered as it opened slowly. Drowsily eyelids parted to reveal beautiful jewelled blue eyes as they peered at your smiling face.

"About time you wake up, sleeping beauty!"

Claude looked blankly, blinking sleepily, not registering your words.

You shifted a little and Claude froze, his eyes widening slightly before it replaced with calm expression.

"Did you sleep well?" You asked leaning down sweetly but the mischief in your [c] orbs gave you away. "For a cautious person you sure sleep like a baby. So unguarded, so vulnerable." You wistfully sighed with a sweet face. "Such a lovely expression if only you'd wear it everytime, I'd fall in love with you. A pity it won't happen. How disappointing."

"Shut up. You're being creepy. Again." He softly groaned voicing his displeased complaints as his half lidded sleepy eyes darted around.

"I....I fell asleep." He muttered in low voice slight disbelief laced in his words.

Your grin widened and you patted his head. "Yep, so soundly at that. Look at you trusting me to sleep so vulnerably. I was tempted to draw doodles on you but I resisted seeing your peaceful adorable face. Be grateful!"

He grabbed your wrist with deadpan, face still disgruntled from waking up. "If you had done that, I would've have-- Um, what was the word uh-- yeeted you out the window."

He looked proud of himself as he got the right word.

Your jaw dropped eyes bulging out of sockets. "Y-you.. W-what..?"

Claude peered up at you in doubt. "Isn't it the word you use everytime you rant about your tutor? Or I got it wrong?"

You shook your head, giving him a thumbs up. "No, no. You nailed it. Spot-on! But you all this time you pretended disinterest, you were actually paying close attention to my words, huh?"

Now he looked slightly flustered as he pushed himself off your lap into sitting position. "Didn't you complaint about me not paying attention to you? Now I'm paying attention you're still complaining."

"I'm not complaining of course! It just...you are full of surprises this days, never failing to make my heart flutter." You grinned teasingly seeing pink tinge spread on his face.

"Screw you." He groaned, running his fingers through his messy, disheveled hair from yout fondling. Embarassed at your words as he looked away with a flustered huff.

You silently squealed at his flustered state before stretching out your cramped, numb legs out, letting out a relieved sigh.

Your sigh drew Claude's attention. He ponderously looked at you. A emotions flashing within those jewelled eyes so fast that you couldn't catch it.

Feeling unnerved under his sharp blue eyes you asked, "What?"

His eyes roamed over your features and for a slipt second his face darkened. "Your eyes are bloodshot. Why?"