78. Everything of you

"You look more excited than me, Felix." You said exasperated. Felix had this blooming smile that kept growing bigger and bigger as more animated he got each passing second, eagerly talking about date planned after one week of delay. "It's almost like you're the one going on date with Claude."

"I'm sure the only thing I'd feel would be terror and worry if that were to happen." Felix replied, his face pale as he let his imagination run wild. "A date with his majesty would certainly be.... something to remember, hahaha."

You cocked an eyebrow, a slow devious smirk forming on your lips, "So would a date with Lily but you'd love that, wouldn't you, Felix~~ "

Felix's face burst into red, his arms wailing around in denial. "Why would you bring up Lady Lillian?!"

"You tell me Felix, don't you want to take Lily on a date?" You taunted playfully, wiggling your eyebrows at him.

"No!" Felix burst out, blushing hard. "I'm mean that would only be possible if lady Lillian agreed to it!"

"Huh," You gaped at him, stunned before a smile graced your face. "you're finally being honest with your feelings. Should I speak to Lily--"

"No, I should be the one to--" Felix froze, panic crossing his features. Your cheshire smile made him fumble with his words, his face rose red. He suddenly yelled while running away. "His majesty is sure taking his time, I'll go fetch him!!"

You burst out laughing, holding your stomach, "Oh Felix, you adorable dork."

"You shouldn't tease poor Felix like that, (Y/n)." Athy said while holding Raven in her arms who was discreetly reaching for the cake.

"Why not? It's too much fun to give up teasing him. Did you see his red face, he's tomato personified, I tell you!" You snorted before you smiled warmly. "But really all I want is him to be happy. I don't want him to hesitate in pursuing his happiness. That tomato deserves all the happiness of the world. And clearly Lily is the one who makes his heart flutter."

Athy's eyes focused on you as her hands came to a pause.

There was a brief silence. You noticed Athy throwing curious yet hesitant glances at you.

"What's wrong, Athy?" You plopped beside her and placed your hand on her head, gently caressing. "Something's troubling you. You can talk to me, you know?"

Athy found herself dazed at your affection. Her eyes darted up to your soft gaze tenderly looking at her and her reluctance melt away.

"You're going on a date with Daddy right. Do you love Daddy?"

Your hand stiffen, expression freezing up in shock before your cheeks took a rosy tint and you fumbled for words. "Would it upset you if I said yes?" You nervously chuckled. There was tight lump in your throat.

Athy looked over your anxious expression, which didn't hid the bright sparkle in your eyes and she already got her answer. She didn't know why but she wanted to hear it from you that you loved Claude.  And your expression spoke volume, something words couldn't convey. She sighed, not knowing whether she was relieved or worried.

"No," Athy shook her head, secretly smiling at you. You were worried about her, weren't you? Silly (Y/n), always thinking about others happiness. Such a hopeless person.

A bright smile formed on her face as she eagerly grasped your hand on her head. "You love Daddy, then that means you will be my mummy right?!"

You blinked, slow in processing her words. When it's meaning finally registered, the tight lump in your throat faded away instead your heart started beating fast in relief and happiness. Your shoulder sagged as your lips curled up into a small smile. "I guess that's true."