75. Attainable Happiness

Happiness was a strange notion. It's intangible yet everyone sought it without knowing what actually it was. But as you raced hand in hand with Athy, a flower crown crookedly placed on your head, a similar set in her tiny hands, you felt that unattainable happiness within your grasp. You basked in that happiness that connections brought. Merely existing with the people you care about and love, feeling every bit of joy and happiness wash over you.

"(Y/n), please slow down!" Felix shouted in concern, running after you and Athy. Poor guy couldn't catch a break from always worrying for you.

You laughed, looking over your shoulder, "Geez, Felix, tired already? Don't tell me you're growing old."

Athy's teasingly giggled and looked over her shoulder, waving the delicate flower crown she chimed in, "Mr. Knight is growing old!"

"I'm not!" Felix shouted, to emphasize his point he run faster, bypassing you. He grinned in triumph and it quickly faded away seeing your wicked, cheshire smile. He realized he fell right into your trick, playing into your silly game. "You tricked me."

"Aw, my adorable tomato knight is definitely in his prime. If only Lily was here." You winked as you bypassed him and snickered at his betrayed expression.

"You're too cruel..." Felix mumbled, depressive clouds hanging over him as he followed you.

"Aren't I, Felix?" You flipped your hair haughtily. Patted his shoulder in consolation when he became more gloomy. Athy impatiently tugged at your hand to hurry up and shooting her an excited smile, you clutched her tiny hand tightly and dashed.

"Guess who's here?" You slammed open the office door open and walked in like you owned the place, Athy followed your example as she imitated your cocky posture. "Your favourite person and your lovely daughter."

Claude calmly finished signing the document, his movements graceful and swift. It dampened your mood when he didn't flinch or gave any reaction whatsoever. "Of course it's you. Who else would cause a such ruckus and dare to disturb my peaceful evening." Putting away the sealed document, he supported his chin with back his knuckles and remarked lazily, "It's always you."

"What a mood killer." You said, crossing your arms tad bit peeved by his lack of reaction. "Peaceful evening my ass, you're like an old man brooding in boring silence."

"Says the woman who still hasn't grown up from her childish mentality," Claude said and smirked like a cocky bastard, arrogantly leaning back in his grand chair with an air of nonchalance.

"Huh?!" Offended, you slammed your hand on the desk and intimidatingly leaned forward with an annoyed face. Judging by his widening amused smirk, you weren't coming off as intimidating as you imagined you'd be and this further fuelled your ire. "The said childish woman is one you love. My childish mentality definitely didn't turn you off from getting attractive to me or as a matter of fact falling in love with me."

"Touché." Claude's cocky smirk didn't fade away instead it softened at the edges, almost resembling a faint smile. "The woe is me, isn't it?"

Your annoyance vanished as the faint smile captured your whole attention. Heart melting away at the rare sight, your expression unconsciously softened.

Here was your other source of happiness. Him; your everything and more.

Gahh! The stupidly heartwarming smile again! It's so stupid I want to kiss him! So badly!

Before you could something stupid as kissing him, Athy peeked from the edge of the desk, with a wide eerie smile forced upon her lips and a blank look in her normally sparkling eyes.