46. Two years later

You walked munching on cotton candy as you surveyed the stalls lined up the streets. You had sneaked out and came to enjoy the famous spring festival.

The lantern lit up the cobblestone path with dim orange glow.

Chattering people walked passed you, enjoying the spring festival just as you. You could see knights rounding up the street, keeping a watchful eyes on the citizens.

As your curious eyes took in the details of the beautiful festival, something caught your eyes.

It was a jewellery shop. The merchant put on a business grin as he greeted you.

There were many beautiful accessories. Colourful display of rarest of jewels. Amongst them a sapphire jewelled brooch had your attention. You picked it up.

"Hmm. It would look good on Claude."

The merchant eagerly nodded and started to explain its origin. You tuned him out as you grew more nostalgic.

So much had changed during the years.

Anastacius was the Emperor now. The citizens life went from worse to hell.

Felix changed from the dead of his mother and grew even more timid.

Claude changed from the dead of his mother and grew even more cold and withdrawn.

You were promoted to higher rank and had become a official Royal healer.

As you caressed the cool surface of the broach, you thought back to the day Claude had returned from war victorious. Something about him had changed. He was colder, more harsh. There was cruel glint in his lifeless eyes while his face was always set in malicious glare. It was chilling change. The death of his mother had effected him deeply.

The memory still remained fresh where you had tired to explain your absence on the departure day and his callous reply, 'Its okay. It doesn't matter anymore.'

You were happy. You thought he had forgiven you but reality slapped it in your face that he hadn't. He became more indifferent to you. He didn't ignore you however his reply always seemed cold and callous.

As months passed your relationship with him had drastic changes. You both walked into different path that had little to no chance to cross. You both were little more than strangers occasionally having civil conversation.

Life moved on taking you along with it. You had moved on from your tiny crush on him.

Claude was doing well with Penelope. They had gotten closer. Their engagement was made official and their marriage was scheduled next week.

"Hey Felix, take a look at it. Isn't it beautiful...." You trailed off watching the scene infront of with a dumbfounded expression before it morphed into amused smirk.

Helpless Felix was surrounded by girls who had lovesick look in their eyes while he struggled to get away.

Even Lawrence who you had dragged along since he found you sneaking out and you decided to make him accomplice of your small crime to shut him up was in the same predicament.

They both looked at your way with pleading eyes. You snorted and a girl beside you asked with a timid voice.

"Are you friends with them?"

You waved her nonchalantly and watched the spectacular scene with a cheeky grin. "Nope, total strangers! Go ahead, join the fry if you want."

Shouts of protest came from the two handsome boys being squashed by girls.

The girl happily grinned before joining on the fangirls.

Your grin widened as they helplessly glared at you with red faces, struggling to get away.