24. Finally Friends!

Your questions hung in the air making it tense as you looked at him.

He turned to you. You tried to get a read on him but it was impossible with his stoic face that gave away nothing.

"You're still going on about it. Why do you want to be my friend so badly?" His ice blue eyes searched yours for an answer.

You smiled at his silly question.

"Who wouldn't want to. You're cute, cool, fun, kind and top of that you can use magic. Bonus!!"

Your answer made him even more distraught. "You only met me once. Now twice. How are you even sure they are my attributes?"

"I know this. I know it's only surface level you. That's why I want to be your friend and get to know you better. Find who exactly you are!" You chimed smiling.

He stared at you analysing. It was really freaky how his eyes spoke volumes of his doubt and hesitance.

"...."

You could feel your chance slipping away as the interest in his blues eyes dulled. Like he was dismissing your claims.

"And helping you get revenge surely must have gained me some brownie points from you. If you are feeling grateful then be my friend." As soon as those words left your mouth you regretted it immediately.

A cold hard look settled in his eyes. "So you helped so you could gain something...? Blackmail me into becoming your friend."

"N-no. No! No! I did it because I wanted to. Ugh! You're twisting my words!!" You groaned with frustration at the stubborn boy.

God why was he so cautious and suspicious. Couldn't he cut poor you some slack? You were trying your best afterall.

Grabbing his collar, you brought him close making Claude jump. You looked straight dead in his eyes making the boy reel back at your close proximity.

"I'll be really grateful if you consider me friend, Claude. I'm not gonna take away your choice to decide whether you want me as a friend or not. But wouldn't it be ridiculous for you to dismiss me without giving me a chance to prove myself worthy to be your friend."

Claude faltered, the intense look in his eyes wavered. You feared that you came on too strong. Too forceful. Too aggressive with your aproach.

But your fear vanished when you heard his reply.

"Alright. I'll be your friend." He bashfully relented avoiding your eyes as he backed away.

You couldn't stop the happy grin growing on your face and overjoyed look on your face.

Yes! Finally he melts!!

"Give me your pinky." You giddily brought your pinky finger out.

Claude raised a eyebrow and looked at you puzzled. "What?"

You waved your pink. "A pinky promise so you won't go back on your words."

Claude deadpanned looking at you like you had grown two head. "I won't go back on my words. And it's so silly."

You replied to him blankly "Says the guy who rejected me continuously for the last ten minutes. And it's not silly. It'll mark our friendship."

"You're weird." He sighed. Nevertheless he brought he's pinky out and tangled it with yours.

"I promise you won't regret it. I'll be the bestest friend you ever had." You vowed to him, happily waving your joint pinky in air.

A small smiled graced his face and your heart leaped in joy. "You better keep your words."

You laughed. "That's is why we are doing this pinky promise. If you go back on your word, you'll go bald." You added thoughtfully.

Claude blanched. "Why bald?!"

"Hehe."

A irk mark appered on his forehead. "Don't 'hehe' me! Okay if that's the case. If you go back on your word, you will lose all your teeths!" He smirked at you.

You paled at the mental image. "Hey that's mean. I love my white teeth."

He glared at you."So do I love my hair. It should be fair deal."

You laughed. "Okay, Okay! No need to give me death glare!"

He definitely was high maintenance friend. You had a feeling that you'd have to put lot more effort than you'd normally because of his guarded nature. But he definitely was worth the effort if you could climb off his steel walls and see the real him.

Claude looked even more annoyed but seeing the genuine pure excitement on your smiling face, he felt his cheeks flare up.

You didn't miss the chance to tease him."Here's my flustered boy, my sweet cinnamon roll!!"

"....I'm already regretting my decision."

You laughed once again, happiness overflowing. "Too bad. It's little too late unless you want to go bald."

"Shut up."

The breeze blew over both of you as the azure sky smiled. A  beautiful yet strange butterfly flocked around them leaving behind glittering trial of Indigo. This was the start of beautiful friendship. A friendship that'd make some difference in the course of time. A timeline different than before. Before fate decides the outcome.