29. Reconnect

You walked with Ether parched on your head, refusing to get down. He has been more clingy than usual.

You rubbed eyes, feeling it sting. You agonized whole night, pondering on the words of the Crazy lady. Somewhere pondering you had a breakdown at the thought that you'll never be able to see you family again. It was a painful night filled with restlessness and nightmares.

A gurad passed without noticing you. Ether had put a invisible spell on you since you kinda were afraid of encountering the Crown Prince: the ultimate deathflag you want to avoid.

You aimlessly walked, just letting your legs take you anywhere. In the morning, a seamstress had came and took your measurements. That meant soon you'll start your training which came as a relief. Idle mind was a toxic mind; filled with nothing but negativity.

Your self-indulging thoughts came to a pause when you spotted mane of red and gold walking infront of you.

You couldn't describe the relief that came with it. Felix had came to check on you multiple times but Claude; you felt like he was avoiding you.

You couldn't place why but the thought of him avoiding you left a bitter taste of your tongue. You thought you were pass the strangers stage but it seems not.

Feeling petty, you decided to mess with him just a bit. You stifled your giggles as you imagined his priceless expression-- if he showed any emotions at all. Tiptoeing behind him, you readied yourself to scream, hands outstretched to startle him.

Before you could a hand shot up with blinding speed, grabbing your wrist swiftly. The world tilted and the next thing you knew you were on your back blinking owlishly at the cold face of Claude.

"Owwie..."

"Your highness?!" Felix exclaimed before looking down at your slumped figure his worry skyrockets. "(Y/n)?! Are you alright?!"

"Do you have a death wish?" Claude said flatly completely ignoring Felix fussing over you. "I could've ripped your arms off. Do you have a brain up there or you simply forgot it's existence."

You stared at him perplexed, entirely ignoring his nasty remarks.

He can see me. How? Didn't Ether placed an invisibility spell on me.

"Your Highness, you should be more careful. She just recovered from illness." Felix lightly reprimanded Claude who scoffed at him.

"She should've seen that coming. Sneaking behind someone like an enemy, you truly don't value your life." Claude bluntly rebuked Felix's worry.

"You can see me." You huffed accusingly. Bitter at your failure of prank. Giving a smile to Felix who helped you up.

"Last time I checked I wasn't blind." Claude said flatly.

"And when was the last time?" Your sarcastic reply made his brow twitch slightly, his face maintained his stoic expression.

Before he could roast you to burnt chicken nuggets, Ether diverted his attention.

Claude picked up the purring cat who was rubbing his face on him affectionately.

He blankly stared at him as the cat pawed at his face meowing sweetly.

You snickered finding the blank face of Claude hilarious. He clearly liked Ether but you couldn't tell from his stoic face. "He remembers you!"

"Hmm."

You sighed."I left him back at the manor in my haste but he found his way back to me. Isn't he a loyal little cute kitty!"

"You should be grateful that he did or else you'd be seven feet down with inches long grass growing."