21. We met again.

"Almost there. Almost..."

You stretched out your hand to your limit to grab the delicious plump-looking red apple.

It's your second day in the Imperial Palace. They have given you a whole week off to get used to the environment and since they haven't officially selected your teacher, so a delay.

Being cooped up in your tiny, room with only sufficient furniture was no fun. It was clear it was the maids' room. Since you haven't proven your skills, you were lower than the hardworking maids. No special treatment for you.

Such a shame that you came to the palace and still end up in the maid's quarters worse than your previous room.

The room with no personality whatsoever drained your energy. So you decided to explore the place, namely the garden.

And you weren't disappointed. The garden was grandiose and magnificent. With different hues of flowers scattered around and the warm shade of the looming trees, this made the garden an idle place to take nap.

You put that enchanting idea on hold when you saw an exotic apple tree. Purring like a cat you climbed the tree with no second thoughts.

Holding the branch to support your weight, you tried to grab the nearest apple.

You were quite hungry and they looked very delectable.

You giggled like a madman. Come here, my little snacks~~

"You are gonna get hurt badly if you fell from that height." A soft yet sharp monotonous voice reached your ears.

It sounded somewhat familiar.

You couldn't turn around and see the owner of the voice since you were clinging to the tree like an octopus. Afraid to put your focus anywhere else.

Man, you just had to go and say that. You sighed.

"Don't worry I'm professional when it comes to scaling up trees." You laughed it off. "I've been climbing trees for years, there's no way I'd fall."

You just jinxed it. No, it was definitely the owner of the voice who brought on such a bad omen.

The moment you finished the sentence, you lost your grip on the branch.

"Eek!"

And with a loud screech, you pummeled down.

You shut your eyes tight waiting for the ground to knock your breath out.

You did feel your breath get knocked out but it didn't hurt as much as you thought it would. You thought with a daze, a small relieved smile tugging your lips.

Oh, sweet heavens I thought I was a goner. And no bones of my seem broken. This is what you call a miracle. I'm a lucky person!!

"Are you planning on getting off me anytime soon? You're quite heavy."

The sharply spoken rude words snapped you out of your relief ramble. With a squeak, you rolled away.

Oh my God.

You sat up. "Are you alright?! Did I break your bones? I'm so sorry. I didn't mean---"

Your words died down when you took in the owner of the voice. Rich golden locks swaying gently with the breeze. Those unique sapphire eyes had you in trance.

A strong sense of deja vu hit you.

"Claude?!"

"Oh, it's you." His blank voice dwindled your excitement.