54. Her salvation and destruction

The cries of a baby filled the small cabin and gentle cooing of a Mother as she held a new part of herself with tender tears streaming down her face.

This was the start of (Y/n) Scarlett. Your life had began within the gentle arms of Nora.

As you grew up within your tender mother's love, you as a little girl were isolated and shunned by people around her. The only warmth in your life was your protective, loving mother Nora whose tender smiles filled you with happiness.

Time passed. You remained sheltered within the gentle arms of your mother, protecting you from the scorn of the people. Until those gentle arms were brutally ripped away.

And the true fear of you as a little girl came true. You were left alone. All alone with no one by your side.

That day the meek and fragile you cried all your heart out still you couldn't escape the pain and the grief.

You wailed, hugging your Momma whose warmth was no where to be found. Your Momma was cold...

"Don't leave, Momma! Please, I'm begging, don't leave me. I don't to be left alone. Don't leave... Please!"

I love you, my sweet (Y/n). I'll protect you always. Momma won't leave you. Ever.

"Momma, you liar!" A strangled cry left your heaving chest. "You lied to me!"

You wept over and ove again. Begging for your Momma to come back. And yet her mother's eyes never opened, her arms never wrapped around you tenderly. No soft kiss were placed on your tiny forehead.

One swallowed by death near returns. No one told you that. No one was there to tell the cruel truth.

So you continued crying until she passed out, your tight hold on the cold body of your Momma, didn't loosened.

With the loss came a new hope of a new family. At least that's what you thought. Your father had came to take away from the village who hated you from the beginning for some reason you couldn't understand. Never understood.

A new hope bloomed as inside you took tiny meek steps into the Manor of the Judith at the tender age of 8.

You had a new mother, two beautiful sisters. You couldn't be more happy. Maybe, just maybe you weren't alone afterall

So you did everything to earn their acceptance. You wordlessly took the brutal beating from your etiquette teacher as she pointed out your mistakes in hopes of winning your new family's approval.

You never let any complaints, quietly enduring it in hopes of your stepmother smile tenderly at you, your sisters let you join them, your father to call you his daughter.

But you as a child were foolish, naive girl. Holding on to false hopes as all you got was hateful and disdain glares.

"Don't look up! How many times have I told you not to see any in the eyes, you despicable child." Her mother shouted at you in disgust

"Keep your gaze down. No matter what never show anyone your pathetic face." Your stepsisters sneered at you.

And a father who was indifferent to you.

The hope was extinguished into cold amber. Forever to vanish into the abyss of despair.

Your gentle, shy [c] eyes dulled over time, your soft lips never lifted up into a smile. Over time you lost all light in your life until all left was darkness. And a strong sense of despair that grew stronger each day.