Two

I walk into the cafeteria with Stacy as we both already bought our lunches. Stacy led me to a table that's on the far right of the cafeteria, and I noticed that two other people were sitting there eating. As we got closer to the table I heard them whispering about something amongst themselves. Stacy sat down next to a girl with brown hair that's in a long braid and is medium white-skinned. She's wearing the school uniform as well like we're supposed to as she says hello to Stacy. The other person who is sitting across from the girl is a guy who wears the guy's uniform, except his tie, which is tightened like it's supposed to. He has black hair that's swept to the side and is dark-skinned.

I furrow my eyebrows as I sat next to Stacy at the table. There's something that I've noticed around here at this school, and it's not about what Stacy told me either. This school's name means Dark Magic and performs dark magic as well, but what I realized is that every student here has dark skin and dark-colored hair. I haven't seen one student with red or blonde hair or with fair, or pale color skin. This girl is the first I've seen that has a lighter skin tone, but she still has brown hair. Why is every student like this? I even noticed that teachers are like this as well which is freaking me out.

"So you're the new girl?"

I snap out of my thoughts as I look over at everyone whose looking at me. I turn towards the girl since she was the one who asked the question. I'm not getting that strong power radiating from her and Stacy seems to trust her. They seem like friends and the same with the guy so I should be fine hanging out with them. Stacy knows about this school, so they must know about it too.

"I'm Paula Morgan." The girl introduced herself.

"I'm Hansen Wellington." The guy introduced himself as well.

"Hi. Um, I'm Lonnie McPurthy." I introduced myself.

"You're the first red-haired student we ever had in this school." Hansen tells me a matter of fact.

"Is that so?" I ask feeling embarrassed about being the only red headed student.

I made my hair hide my face as it was already embarrassing coming to a rich school in the middle of the semester. Now, another thing to be embarrassed about is that I'm literally the only student who has red hair and has pale skin. No doubt I'm probably the only one with freckles as well. I get my red hair from my dad as he's Irish, and he even had emerald green eyes to go with his red hair. He didn't have freckles though as I got them from my mom who has blond hair and blue eyes. My eyes are blue just like my mom's but aren't as blue as my mom's. My parents were tall which always made me jealous as I got the short gene from my grandmother, my moms mom. I'm 5'5 while my mom is 5'8 and my dad is 6'0. Here I thought Irishmen were supposed to be short. I thought letting out a sigh. My parents were great together, but when my dad died in a sudden car crash we lost everything. My mom insisted that we move instantly after that which I hated, but I had no choice.

"Oh great. Their here already." Paula whispers.

I snap out of my thoughts as I look over at her and saw that all three of them were staring at the cafeteria entrance. I look over as well and notice a small group of people just walking into the cafeteria. I recognized Grimshaw right away as he's in front of the group, and they were walking towards the table at the very back. I felt that strong power again, and it sent shivers down my back. It feels so odd because if they all came from a powerful family then wouldn't they look more the part? It makes me wonder why they aren't so popular either, as usually people with powerful and rich families are popular. Well, that's what I seen in movies and read in books.

"They creep me out so much." Stacy whispers as she shivers.

"Who are they?" I ask not bothering to whisper.