Thirty- Two

-Joz’s Pov-

I felt a familiar feeling as I opened my eyes, as I felt nothing but warmth. It wasn’t the warmth from a sun beating down on you or from an embrace from someone you know. It was more of a warmth of fire, and a lot. I sat up quickly before noticing exactly where I was. I’m back in hell, but next to the pit of fire where they burn demons who disobey or the ones who betray the devil. They burn souls here, too. But only the ones who really deserve to burn for all of eternity. The other souls go to the pit of souls where they will just relive their crimes for all of eternity. I used to find that amusing, but after meeting Lonnie and everything she’s trying to do for the sake of her world and her family and friends. Does she deserve to rot down here in one of these pits for all of eternity? I honestly don’t think so, but it’s not up to me and sadly, I know she’s going to end up down here. 
I need to figure out how to get back to her and help her. Then maybe once this is all over with, then maybe I can help her case. No demon has ever fended for a mortal before, but this case is different. Lonnie is different. I need to help her; she deserves that much. Especially since she doesn’t know the whole truth yet, and I’m afraid she won’t until it’s too late. I stand up, being careful not to fall into the endless pit of fire as I step away from it. When I used to live down here, I always avoided this place. This fire isn’t like normal fire that mortals can make. It never goes out, and it’s the only fire that can kill us demons, but a lot slower. I rather not die again, as it took me three years to die the last time they threw me down here. Well, I guess it was almost three years as they pulled me back out just so I can be Lonnie’s demon. I guess they figured it would be another punishment for me. But, honestly, I was enjoying it. I got to live again, kind of and it’s the best life I have had. 
Of course, if I’m here, then does that mean-ha no no. Lonnie isn’t dead, she can’t be dead. Then that means she’s going to be put down here, and she doesn’t deserve that. I need to get out of here and find her as fast as I can. I can’t let them torture her for all of eternity when she was just trying to save her family and friends. It’s unfair. I’ll just have to teleport and find her faster. Hm. That’s strange. I can’t teleport, which means Lonnie must still have my magic. I guess that means I have to run and find her the long agony way. 
“Jozannon. Long time no see.” 
I freeze as that voice sent shivers up my spine as it’s full of authority and power, and I noticed a hint of annoyance, too. I slowly turned around to see none other than my lord himself. I gulp as he’s standing tall with an icy glare my way. I had to bow my head both out of respect and fear. No one dares to keep on staring into his black obsidian eyes for too long. He’s about seven feet tall with long black hair that’s in a ponytail, and his skin is an olive-skinned tone, just as I remembered it. Some rumors have been going around saying he can’t fly since when he fell, they burned off. That rumor stopped the moment our lord threw the demons, who started them down the pit of fire. People always say us demons and angels are perfect, but we are not. My lord, he has some scars on his face and body from that day he fell from grace. He’s not afraid to show them off. 
“Jozannon. Usually I say welcome home, but your situation is different.” He tells me so casually that it sent shivers up my back again. 
“Because I’m already dead.” I say, trying not to stammer in front of him. 
“That, but it also has to do with that mortal girl.” He tells me harshly. 
“She’s innocent sir. She doesn’t belong down here.” I say quickly, still trying not to stammer. 
“Innocent? You call her innocent? She comes back from the dead, and uses your powers, and wants to stop from my upbringing! How is that being innocent, Jozannon?” He yells at me. 
“No offense, sir, but she had no choice of coming back from the dead, and I’m the one who told her to use my magic. To protect herself.” I explain to him, afraid of what he’s going to say next. 
“Oh. I see. I see what’s going on here now.” He says.  
I didn’t have time to answer as I’m grabbed by the throat roughly before being hanged over the pit of fire. I panicked as I grabbed onto my lord’s arms quickly, as I was afraid he’s going to let me fall. I don’t want to fall and go through three years of burning again. Please don’t let go! I don’t want to leave, Lonnie. I don’t want to die again! I glance towards the fire below before glancing up at my lord, who was now smirking at me like he knew what I was thinking. 
“My little Jozannon is in love with a mortal girl, are you not?” My lord asks through gritted teeth. 
“I-I no my lord. I’m not!” I choked out quickly.
“You know when I can tell when you’re lying, Jozannon. I invented lying!” He hisses at me.
“I-I’m sorry, my lord! I-I didn’t mean to fall in love or lie to you!” I choked out again. 
“Nobody means to fall in love, but they do. I just can’t believe one of my own would betray me like this by falling in love with the one creature I despise!” He screams as he throws me opposite of the pit and against a hard boulder. 
“I-I-” I try to say as I try to push myself up. 
“Don’t apologize to me, Jozannon. Demons don’t apologize. That girl made you soft. I was thinking of letting you go back to her so you can continue trying to help her bring me back. But, it seems you are against that, and worst of all your in love! I guess I’ll just let them make their decision and I’ll keep you down here and toughen you up again. Make you remember what an actual demon is all about.” He tells me as he comes towards me. 
“Your not going to throw me back down the pit of fire?” I ask, almost shock. 
“Did you want me too?” he ask waving towards it. 
“No, no, I’m good.” I say, shaking my head. 
“Very well. Then I’ll get your training set up since you will live down here with us again.” He says, sounding annoyed. 
“Wait! I don’t have my powers. Lon-uh, the mortal girl still has them. So, wouldn’t it be better if I just go back to her? Then I’ll have my magic and I can help her bring you back.” I tell him, standing up but freeze as he turns with a knowing look. 
“You can’t deceive the devil, Jozannon, and I know you’re lying again.” He says boredly. 
I open my mouth to reply when my lord just bursts out laughing before grabbing me by my shoulders. I tense up, as I’m afraid he’s going to throw me into the pit of fire after all. I then felt a strange sensation before feeling almost like myself again. I glance at my hands and noticed that I can feel my powers coursing through my fingers again. At first I smiled, loving the feeling of my magic back, but then I frowned as I realized he took them back from Lonnie. I turn towards him, but he, of course, already knows what I’m thinking. 
“That girl still has your magic. I just duplicated your magic and gave them to you.” He tells me waving his hand dismissively. 
“You can do that?” I ask but mentally smacked myself after I asked that. 
“I’m the fucking devil Jozannon! I can fucking do anything!” He tells me before disappearing. 
I open my mouth to ask what I’m supposed to do now, but he already left. I look around before glancing down at myself. I knew what I’m doing would be a risk, but I’m going to do it, anyway. I need to get to Lonnie. I have to help her. I know she needs me and is probably scared right now. But I’m coming to help and we both will get through this. I will not let this keep us apart, because as everyone knows. Only death can separate people, and Lonnie and I still have time. I’m coming Lonnie! 

The moment I teleported, I appeared what looks like a small dark room. But I’m a demon, so I can clearly see. I look around and noticed this looks more like an abandoned shack or something. I look towards a small frame that’s laying on a couple of blankets. I instantly recognized her as Lonnie. This is the first time I’ve seen her out here in the real world, and not just in her mind. It feels so unreal. I walk towards her as I crouch next to her, just staring at her. She looks like she got healed up, so a light user must be somewhere close by. Then how come she’s still unconscious? I move my hand to caress her cheek, but then the curtain opened up quickly, making me look up at the culprit. I recognized the person as Iridiana. The light user. 
“Who are you? Get away from Lonnie!” She yells coming into the room. 
I let out a sigh of annoyance when I heard more feet running towards us. I stood up slowly as the light user steps back, keeping her guard up. Two more people appeared, and I recognized them as Finn and Hector. Well, isn’t this interesting? A dark user, a light user, an ex dark user, and Lonnie whose part demon and part human. What a great combination. The moment Hector saw me, he threw me back with his dark magic. I flew back and into the wall, smashing it into pieces. I groan from annoyance as I stood, giving them all an icy glare. I glance towards Lonnie and knew she wouldn’t forgive me if I hurt her friends.
“Who are you?” Hector asks firmly. 
“Oh? So an action and then talk kind of guy, huh?” I ask, looking at him. 
“Just tell us who you are.” Finn snaps. 
“Smart mouth for someone who lost their demon, aren’t we?” I ask, giving him a smirk. 
“What are you talking about?” Finn asks wide eyed. 
“I know you. All of you. Because of her.” I say, waving at Lonnie. 
“You know, Lonnie?” Iridiana asks wearily. 
“Of course. I’m her demon, after all.” I tell them with a smirk. 
Their eyes grew twice the size, and my smirk grew from their shock. I look away from them as I glance towards Lonnie who’s still unconscious. I don’t understand why she hasn’t woken up yet. I look back at the three amigos as they were still watching me with caution. I know they don’t trust me and that’s usually a good thing, but right now, I need them to trust me. For Lonnie’s sake and for their own. 
“Listen to me alright. Believe me, trust me or don’t, I don’t care. But right now, Lonnie and I both need your guys’ help to stop the ritual.” I tell them, making them look at me like I have two heads. 
“Why would a demon want to stop a ritual that involves bringing the devil up here?” Finn asks, not believing me. 
“Why should we even trust you?” Iridiana asks who I can definitely tell doesn’t trust me. 
“Yes, I know it’s odd to see and hear a demon saying he wants to stop a ritual that brings forth his lord. But, there’s a reason for it alright.” I tell them, crossing my arms. 
“What’s the reason, then?” Hector asks whose been observing me this whole time. 
“That is something I, unfortunately, can’t tell you.” I tell them awkwardly. 
“What you mean can’t tell us?” Finn nearly yells. 
“It’s not the right time, but you all will find out, eventually. Including Lonnie.” I tell them, glancing towards her again. 
“I don’t trust him.” Iridiana simply says, crossing her arms. 
“I think we should give him a chance.” Hector says simply making me look at him.
“Are you serious?” Iridiana asks shock. 
“Look, you’re a light user, so you don’t trust any dark user or demons. But I’m a dark user and I can sense that he’s different from the other demons I’ve encountered.” Hector explains to her. 
“You really think we should give him a chance?” Finn asks.
“I’m giving you a chance, aren’t I?” Hector asks. 
“Yeah, but that’s different! I’m at least human. He’s a literal demon.” Finn tells Hector like he’s crazy. 
“He has a point.” Iridiana says agreeing with Finn. 
“Alright listen. Lonnie gave you a chance after everything you’ve done to her. Finn, she even saved you, right? So, if she trusts you and she trusts this demon. Then the least we can do for her is give him a chance.” Hector explains, looking back at me. 
I watch as the two nod their head finally agreeing to give me a chance. I felt somewhat happy knowing that I won’t have to keep sneaking in here now. Which is what I originally planned to do in case this didn’t go so well. I smirked as I stretched my hand to Hector for a handshake, but he just stares at my hand. I awkwardly pulled my hand away as I told him I meant it to be a handshake of truce. Hector tells me they are giving me a chance, but nothing more comes after that. I suddenly felt like I’m going to be an outcast from this already strange small group. 
“Well, since there will not be a handshake of truce. Then at least let me introduce myself. I’m Jozannon, but Lonnie always called me Joz. It’s good to meet you guys in person finally.” I introduced myself with a smirk and a little bow.