Thirty- Eight

We buried Finn's body. Placed some flowers and then we kinda left after that. I felt bad that he couldn't get a proper burial but we didn't know what to say. We didn't want to linger in case Tynan and Grimshaw came back. I honestly know that they won't stop coming and they won't stop attacking until Tynan gets me in his grasp. I have to leave. I have to go to him. I need to end this once and for all. The ritual is supposed to happen next Saturday, and I honestly don't know when they will strike again. I rather be gone before they do. My friends are precious to me, and I won't let them hurt anyone else.
"Where are we going now?" Iridiana asks as we've been walking for hours.
"The only other place I hope would be safe." Hector replies.
"Which is?" Iridiana asks.
"My home." Hector answers without missing a beat.
"Your home? I thought you sad we couldn't stay at anyone's house because it wasn't safe?" Iridiana asks confused.
"Yes, but if you haven't noticed it became rather dangerous out here. I'm hoping my dad could help us in this situation." Hector says seriously.
"You think he will help me?" I ask knowing everyone in that school who survived must hate me now.
"He will." Hector says, but he even sounds uncertain.
We keep walking as the sun sets, and we all become extremely tired and hungry. We drank all the water, so we had nothing left. I thought maybe we will die here, but then we finally broke free of the woods and saw a back of a gray house. I look around the yard and saw that it's completely empty except for a shed. Hector with his last breath runs up to the back door and pounds on it like we are being chased by something. Well, I guess we are kind of being chased by two maniacs. The door soon flings open and it aimed a shotgun right at Hectors face! Iridiana and I screamed for them to wait, but the guy already lowers his shotgun as he saw Hectors calm face.
"Hector?"
"Its me dad. I'm home." Hector replies calmly.
That voice. I know that voice. I took a couple steps forward so the guy's face would be in the light instead of the shadows. My eyes widen at who was standing in front of us. The guy turns towards me and his relive expression turns aggressive once again. He aims the gun at me and prepared to shoot, but Hector stood in front of me with his arms spread out glaring at his dad.
"She's my friend dad." Hector growls.
"Friend? She destroyed an entire academy and killed people! You want to be friends with that monster?" He growls back.
Hector opens his mouth to argue back but Iridiana steps forward and asks shock, "Mr. Tomas? Is that you?"
Our principal lets out a sigh before he answers Iridiana saying that yes it is indeed him. I never realized that Hector was Mr. Tomas's son. I never thought that the principal's son would be in the most popular and dangerous dark user club. Then again, it was a school for dark users and I unfortunately destroyed it. It feels like everything is sorting itself out finally, but there's still so much to figure out. I still don't know a lot about my friends or about my enemies. I still know little about Joz or what his brother is planning to bring him back. In reality, I'm just scared about messing everything up and putting the people I care about in danger. I already lost too much. I don't want to lose anyone else.
Mr. Tomas finally agreed to let us all in and honestly I'm grateful. It's cold outside and I'm so tired and hungry. Hector asks his dad if he could get some blankets while Hector went and made us all some sandwiches. My stomach growled at the mention of food. It didn't take long for Mr. Tomas to come back with some blankets for Iridiana and me. I wrapped myself up feeling so cold that I'm afraid that I might freeze to death. Hector comes out minutes later with some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I thanked him as I practically scarfed down that poor sandwich. Hector and Iridiana did the same thing.
"So what happened to you after the academy collapsed?" Mr. Tomas asks Hector.
"Well, we first stayed at this old shack. But, they invaded us. Tynan and Grimshaw. Tried to kidnap Lonnie, and we stopped them. So, left that shack and stayed out in the woods for a while. They attacked us again. But, this time." Hector explains but stops when he was about to explain what happened to Finn.
"What? What did they do?" Mr. Tomas asks anger and concern rising.
"They killed Finn. Well, Grimshaw killed Finn. He was like possessed by a demon." Hector explains confused.
"He's possessed by a demon, but he's possessed by two." I tell them staring down at the ground.
"By two? How do you know that?" Mr. Tomas asks suspiciously.
"Dad go easy on her. Her demon probably told her, and there was defiantly wrong with him." Hector says sighing.
"Her demon told her? Since when do demons talk to us without being summoned by a ritual?" Mr. Tomas asks giving me an icy glare.
"Since they brought me back from the dead. But, you already knew about that didn't you?" I ask watching him closely.
"What are you talking about?" Mr. Tomas asks, but he sounded a little nervous.
"The day you called me into your office when I came back to school after missing two weeks? That doesn't ring a bell? You warned me to stay away from your son, afraid that he was going to get killed if I kept hanging around him." I reminded him seriously.
"That part is still true. Just look what you did to that school! You killed hundreds of kids and teachers and my son could've been one of them!" Mr. Tomas growls making me flinch at the high number of people I killed.
"Yes, I know. I'm sorry. I couldn't control the powers I have. But, I'm not bringing this up because of that. Your hiding something. You knew about the ritual. You knew about me from the start." I blurt out quickly making him flinch this time.
"What are you saying Lonnie?" Hector asks with wide eyes.
"I'm saying he had a photo of three guys who were standing in front of the academy. I didn't know who they were back then, but now I think I figured it out. They were Grimshaw's and Tynan's dads weren't they? And he also had a locked cabinet in his office and he even admitted it to me that day that he knew who I was and that it wasn't a coincidence that I came to that school!" I yell as I explained everything in a hurry.
"Dad? Is that all true?" Hector asks turning towards his dad with confusion.
Mr. Tomas lets out a sigh as he didn't even try to hide it as he nods before he explained everything, "Yes. I knew about everything."
"What!" Hector yells shock.
"That's messed up." Iridiana says.
"Okay, I get it! Yes, I knew Rick was planning on bringing Miss. McPurthy back from the dead and that she will have a demon inside of her because of it." Mr. Tomas explains as he stood up pacing back and forth explaining it to us.
"Rick? That's Mr. Dubuik's first name?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.
"Yes." Mr. Tomas simply answers.
"It should be Dick because he is one." Hector mutters but we all heard him.
"Hector Allen Tomas! What have I told you about doing that to people's names?" Mr. Tomas asks crossing his arms.
"Dad, I'm practically an adult. Plus, this guy has been tormenting Lonnie since she started at the school. Calling her and teasing her about how he's going to come for her soon and then asking how close she is to his son. I'm sorry but he is a dick." Hector explains to his dad.
"He called me just to tell me he killed my mom." I tell him looking at my hands as I tried to not cry.
"I-I'm sorry." Mr. Tomas says stun.
"Your sorry? You are a part of this whole mess! So you must've known he was going to kill her mother! You could've warned her or stopped him if you were really a good person!" Iridiana yells standing up.
"I've tried to stop him! I thought I did. I thought I got him to wait until at least after they had Miss. McPurthy. Yes, she got brought back so they can bring forth the devil, but I wanted them to ask if that's what she really wanted first. I should've known that they would not wait." Mr. Tomas says sighing.
"Yes, I think you should've absolutely known that they would not wait. That was a dumb move." Iridiana says with anger laced in her voice.
"Look I'm sorry alright. How can I make it up to you guys?" Mr. Tomas asks.
"Help us stop the ritual dad." Hector says without missing the beat.
"Tell us what was in that locked cabinet." I say watching him as he froze before looking over at me with wide eyes.
"The locked cabinet?" Mr. Tomas asks uncertainty laced in his voice.
"Yes. What's in it or was in it?" I ask seriously.
"Are you sure you want to know Miss. McPurthy?" Mr. Tomas asks staring at me with all seriousness.
"Yes. I'm sure." I answer.
He lets out a sigh before rubbing the back of his head. Mr. Tomas then looks back up at me before answering with, "It's pieces of you."