Forty- Three

The clouds circled and darken around us; the blood filling in the pentagram completely. The ground in the center of the pentagram cracks and split apart as we all stand there watching in shock. The wind picked up and whipped our hair like it was a tornado nearby, and then before we knew it. Everything stops. The silence took over as we all continue to stand around, but then Mr. Dubuik took a couple of steps forward as he examines the bloody pentagram that now has a big crack in the center.
Tynan tried to call his dad back, but he just ignored him, and as the ground rumbled again, he was more urgent to get his dad back. Nobody had time to react when black smoke shoots up through the crack and it quickly engulfed Mr. Dubuik to the point we couldn't see him. Tynan screams for his dad, but before he got too close to the black smoke, it exploded, sending everyone flying back.
I sit up after landing and rubbed the back of my head, and my eyes widen when I saw someone standing in the middle of the pentagram. The man stood to be about seven feet, and he has olive skin with long black hair that's set in a ponytail. He has obsidian eyes, and some scars on his face and some on his bare chest. I noticed he didn't have no tail or horns unlike the other demons I've seen. I didn't understand why he didn't have those, but that's not really my concern right now. It's the fact that the devil is now among us, and I do not know how to stop him.
"I'm back!" he yells in a singsong voice.
"Where did my dad go? What did you do to him?" Tynan yells at the devil.
"Oh, you poor stupid mortal. He got too close to my portal from hell. He's gone. Poof. Ceased to exist now." The devil says, laughing at the end.
"What do you mean by that?" Tynan asks angrily.
"Your father is dead. The portal evaporated him." Vonik spoke up with his head bowed to the devil.
Tynan didn't like that answer as he waves his hand to fling the devil. Like, seriously dude? That's the freaking devil! When the devil didn't even budge, he turns towards Tynan with an icy glare before raising his hand towards him. Tynan gets lifted into the air, and right before our eyes, his body just exploded! Blood and guts went everywhere! I nearly let out a scream as I covered my mouth in horror.
Vonik quickly moves next to me as he shields my eyes, but it's honestly too late for that. I've seen everything, and saw so much already. There is no way any of us will make it out of here alive. We are all going to die from the wrath of the devil. He's too strong for any of us to beat. Mr. Dubuik and Tynan are already dead. They didn't even last two seconds with the devil's arrival.
"I see you found your daughter, Vonik. How does it feel to meet her, finally, but only to have her get ripped from you?" The devil asks as I'm suddenly in the devil's grasps.
"No! Don't hurt her!" Vonik yells as the devil squeezes tightly around my throat, making me gasp for breath.
"Protective of her, aren't you? How cute." The devil says, chuckling.
I glance over at my friends as they watch with caution, and I saw Iridiana have her bow in her hands. I noticed it conflicted her if she should try to use it or wait to attack the devil, and honestly, I think she should wait. I don't want her to die as well. I don't want anyone else to die, but there might not even be a future. The devil then drops me onto the ground before placing his hand over my face.
"No, wait!" Vonik yells, but gets thrown back by the devil.
I then felt an extremely painful sensation in my mind, and it felt like a million needles being stabbed in and out of my head. My head throbbed as suddenly, darkness loomed in front of my eyes as I collapsed on the ground. My head feels like a boulder landed on it ten times over. I glanced up as y vison was a little hazy and I felt a little dizzy. My eyes widen when I saw Naberius in his grasp now, and he was gasping for breath now.
"Ah! Naberius, how unfortunate that you ended up in this mortal's mind!" He says with a wicked smirk.
"I only did it to save my brother, my lord. I didn't mean any disrespect." Naberius gasps of breath.
"Of course you didn't. You want your brother back?" He asks, dropping Naberius onto the ground.
"Yes, my lord." Naberius says with his head bowed.
"What do I get?" He asks tilting his head.
I glance over at Naberius who stays quiet, but I can see his mind turning, but then I see him glancing towards me. I stare into his darker hazel eyes that move like stardust before he quickly looks away. My stomach drops as I knew what he was going to say next, and I wanted to be wrong, but I guess trusting him was the wrong thing to do.
"If you free my brother, and just let us both go free from your grasp. You can have this, mortal." Naberius says without missing a beat.
"Ah! sacrificing this mortal for you and your brother's freedom? How spiteful! I love it! But I will have to decline your offer." He says, flinging us both back as he bursts out laughing.
When I landed, my friends and Vonik immediately came over and helped me up. I turn towards Naberius, and once he stood up as well, I instantly punched him right in the nose. He staggers back a little since he didn't expect it, but he quickly looks up at me with an angry glare. I went to punch him again, but this time he caught my fist before shoving me back. Vonik caught me before moving me behind me.
"Your an asshole Naberius! I thought we were in this together! I thought we agreed to save Joz together!" I yell at him, angry and upset that he betrayed me.
"I'm a demon, and Jozannon is my brother. I don't care about you. I never did. I just wanted my brother back." Naberius growls at me.
"Joz is my friend. He would've never forgiven you if he finds out you tried to trade my life for his." I hiss at him.
"I highly doubt that." Naberius says, looking away from me.
I open my mouth to argue back, but then the devil laughs again, making all of us turn towards him. I don't like this aura or situation that we are all in, but there's no escape. We watch him with caution as he snaps his fingers and suddenly Joz appears next to him, breathing heavily. I was about to run towards him, but Vonik stops me as I stare at Joz who is covered in burn marks but they were slowly fading away. Joz looks up, looking tired and still slightly in pain, but once his eyes land on me, they widen.
"Lonnie?" Joz asks, about to stand up, but the devil shoves him back down, making him grunt in pain.
"I think this will all be interesting." The devil says, smirking.
I'm once again lifted into the air, not able to move a muscle of my body as I'm brought close to the devil once again. Naberius got lifted and brought up next to me while the devil held Joz hostage. My friends and Vonik couldn't move, as somehow the devil was holding them in place without even looking at them. I wince as the devil brought us in front of Joz as he grabs his hair, forcing him to look up at us both.
"Leave Lonnie out of this!" Vonik yells, trying to break free of the devil's hold.
"Jozannon, who would you pick to live and who to die? Your mortal lover or your brother?" The devil asks, making my eyes widen.

-Mr. Tomas POV-

That kid is going to give me a heart attack. When Lonnie slipped out through the middle of the night, my son and Iridiana were freaking out. I try to convince them to don't go after Lonnie, that it was a bad idea. They, of course, didn't listen to me. They snuck out while I was making them lunch, those little brats! I had to go after them, but we were dealing with Dubuik and that fact he wants to raise the fucking devil! I'm going to need help.
I would never ask them for help, but I ended running into them anyway and they were looking for Lonnie. I guess they were the ones who helped her connect with her powers in the first place, and told her she actually had a demon inside of her. If I wasn't in this situation, then I wouldn't work with a light user and a priest. But my son is out there, and I will not let him get killed because he thinks he has feelings for that demon girl. I already lost his mother, and I would be damn if I lose Hector too.
"Are you sure you know where you're going?" The priest asks, annoyed.
"Didn't you feel that shaking and see that black smoke in the distance? Of course I know where I'm going." I growled at him.
"Ye both better stop fighting. It will not get us anywhere, mates." The light user says, sighing.
"Your right Craig. There's no time to argue with pesty dark users like him." The priest says.
"Pesty? Me? Are you serious? I just want to save my son! You're just going after some demon girl whose part of this ritual to bring forth the devil, and you two help her released her magic." I growled at them, knowing full well it's not their entire fault.
"That wasn't our fault! We tried to help her, and she came to us for help. Lonnie was so scared and confused. She didn't know what was going on with her. That poor girl didn't choose this. She didn't even know that the voice inside of her mind was a demon." The priest yells at me angrily.
I stayed silent, as I know she would be oblivious if she ever found out, but I still blame her. I blame her because I'm too weak and scared to put the blame on Dubuik. He's the one who started all of this. He's the one who brought her back and planned to use her for the ritual. We could've just left her alone. The priest is right, unfortunately. Lonnie didn't choose any of this. She didn't choose to be born half demon, and she didn't choose to die or get brought back. Lonnie didn't choose to be forced to be a part of this ritual. It was all of us. We chosed for her, took her right from her.
I stopped helping Dubuik with his plans when he threatened my son's life, and I would not take that. I left and swear to never encounter him or the demon girl ever again. Of course, he wouldn't allow me to just walk away, so he made Lonnie attend to my academy. The moment I saw her walk into my office, I instantly knew who she was. I tried to just ignore her and just pretend that she was just like everyone else at my school. But, when I noticed how the students were acting. How my son was acting. I couldn't ignore her any longer. I had to warn her to stay away from my son.
"My lord." The priest says, shocked, snapping me out of my thoughts.
I look where he was looking, and I saw the scene in front of us. The devil was here, and he had Lonnie and some demon up in the air and levitating in front of another demon. I saw Hector standing next to Iridiana, and I saw another demon, which looks like Vonik, except one of his horns, got broken in half. My only guess is it's because of Dubuik. It's the only thing that makes sense. He's ruthless. I noticed none of them seems to move, and I realized whatever was going is on its not good. I glanced at the priest and the light user, and realized that they were already moving ahead. I rolled my eyes but quietly followed them, because if the devil notices us, then it will surely be the end of us.