Thirty- One

It’s officially May, and that means the play is at the end of the month. I’ve practiced a little with Iridiana each day, but it still doesn’t stop the nerves I feel inside. When Finn finally woke up, he yelled at us for helping him, said he didn’t need anyone’s help. But I saw it in his eyes. He was grateful for our help. I think he’s just afraid of Tynan and what he can do to him. I don’t blame him. What I don’t get though, is why he’s so afraid of Tynan, but not Grimshaw? He’s the one who keeps injuring him. It’s all so confusing, and it doesn’t help with what Iridiana told me right after Finn left. I guess while she was healing him; she sensed no magic in him what so ever. So, what does that mean for him now? No demon blood means no more magic, right? It makes sense to me, but why does it make Iridiana so uneasy? Everything was so much simpler when I thought magic was just a myth. 
I need to figure out how to stop the ritual still. Joz said that the only way for me to stop it if I learn to use and control his magic. I might have no choice now that Kedron is here. I need to find a safe place where I can practice with no peepers spying on me. I also still have to tell Hector about Grimshaw’s betrayal. I can’t let him still be on his side when Grimshaw can’t even be trusted. I have to find the time to tell him, but he’s never alone, so it will be hard. It’s like Grimshaw wants to keep Hector as his little pet. It’s disgusting. Joz do you have any ideas how I can get Hector alone to warn him? I ask him in my mind as I’m in gym class. 
“Honestly, I wouldn’t care if Hector is alone or not. I would tell him right in front of that wannabe punk’s face.” Joz tells me like I should actually do it. 
“I don’t know if that’s a good idea, Joz.” I say in my mind again. 
“Why not? After everything he’s done to you? He deserves to lose his pet right there, right now.” Joz tells me again, trying to encourage me. 
“What are you thinking about?” 
I jump before spinning around to see Finn sitting next to me. I noticed he looks like himself again, except he looked tired as he has bags under his eyes. I watch as his tired brown eyes look up at me, and he doesn’t look offended or threatening or anything. He just looks tired and worn out. I slowly sat back down before looking over at him as he then looks away from me before letting out a tired sigh. 
“I’m sorry, alright.” Finn simply says as he sounds like he was fighting to say it for days. 
“Your what?” I ask, thinking I misheard him. 
“Don’t make me say it again, okay?” Finn asks, sighing. 
“Why are you apologizing for?” I ask, watching him as he looks so worn out. 
“For everything. The ball incident, the threatening you, the coming after your blood. Everything.” Finn says, letting out another tired sigh. 
“You don’t need to apologize, Finn.” I tell him, making him furrow his eyebrows in confusion. 
“The hell I do. What you thinking? I was a complete ass to you and you saved my life twice and now you won’t accept my apology?” Finn asks, upset. 
“It’s not like that.” I tell him. 
“Then enlighten me.” Finn says, sighing once again. 
“I know you weren’t in control of your dark magic. It controlled you, made you hungry for power, and made you who you weren’t. I know this, because you didn’t do the things that Tynan and Grimshaw did or tried to do to me. I also just know because, well, I can sense that you’re different now.” I explain to him honestly. 
“Different? Yeah, what a great thing to be in this blasted school.” Finn mumbles. 
“Well, now you know how I felt.” I tell him, making him look over at me. 
“Are you going to make me apologize again?” Finn asks raising an eyebrow.
I chuckle before shaking my head and telling him no. Finn lets out a sigh as I told him he can trust me with anything, and that I’ll help him if he needs it. Finn tells me he won’t need my help, but I sensed he was grateful for what I suggested. I don’t know why he’s still trying to put on a strong face. Most people here will sense that he has no more magic in him. If they haven’t already, that is. Two shadows then loomed over Finn and me, and I instantly knew who it was. I glanced up to see Grimshaw’s pissed off face and Hector, who has an expressionless look written on his. 
“Well, you two seem very close to each other.” Grimshaw states angrily. 
“Do we? I think I could say the same to you and Tynan.” I blurt out without thinking. 
“What?” Grimshaw hisses. 
“Don’t play dumb with me. I saw you, just like you two saw me the other day.” I hiss right back as I stood up, pointing my finger at him. 
“What are you trying to say here?” Hector steps in, trying to defuse the tension, but he just infused it more. 
“I’m saying-” I say, but Grimshaw grabs onto my shirt roughly as he gives me an icy glare as he growls, “You will not say another word.” 
“Grim, what has gotten into you?” Hector asks as he tries to pull him away from me, and Finn tried to get me out of Grimshaw’s grip. 
“Get back!” Grimshaw shoves Hector and Finn away before grabbing onto me again. 
“Maybe this wasn’t a good idea.” Joz spoke up. 
“It’s too late to back down now.” I tell him in my mind. 
“If you were smart, then you will-” Grimshaw says, but I interrupted him by saying the same thing, “No, if you were smart, then you will tell everyone the truth.” 
“Grim, what is she talking about?” Hector asks, keeping his distance, but he’s observing us. 
“She’s just spitting lies! Just like her mother!” Grimshaw growls as he shoves me towards the ground. 
“What!” I yell, and so did Hector and Finn. 
“What?” Grimshaw asks, not realizing what he just said. 
“You knew my mother?” I ask, standing up from the floor with Finn’s and Hector’s help. 
“What? I didn’t say that.” Grimshaw says, trying to bypass it. 
“You did! I heard you say it! We all heard you!” I yell, feeling tears threatening to fall. 
“No, you just misheard me.” Grimshaw says, still dismissing it. 
“Grim, I heard you say it as well.” Hector spoke up, staring at Grimshaw with disbelief. 
“She’s just twisting everything I said, and you’re believing her, Hector. Don’t believe this red-headed demon!” Grimshaw growls, making me flinch. 
“Okay! That’s it. Let me at him!” Joz growls. 
I felt the tears falling, but instead of them being caused by sadness, anger and frustration, caused them. How the hell does he know my mother? What is the connection? I felt the tingles in my fingertips, and I felt a source of power coursing through me I hadn’t felt before. It almost felt fiery. I felt my body heating, and it was to where sweat ran down my forehead. The coldness that I usually feel, and had become accustomed to feel every day, is now a burning sensation. Grimshaw and Hector stop arguing as they probably felt the difference change. Finn wiped his forehead like he was burning up as he steps away from me with wide eyes. Hector steps back to, and I noticed that the entire gym class stopped what they were doing just to look over at me. 
My body felt like it was on fire as I grabbed onto my head and screamed so loud it made everyone step away from me. I felt so much burning power coursing through me that everything happened so fast. My head felt like it was literally on fire as I fell on my knees feeling so much emotions and burning power that everything around me felt like a blur. I barely heard the screams and thudding of feet before I unfortunately blacked out from using too much magic. Again.